SOURCE FOR 785D Volume Control Knob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CZ

I thought I had posted this before, but went thru my posts for last couple months & didnt find anythng, so here go's.

Volume control knob broke into 3 pieces. E-mailed Uniden parts 5 days ago with no reply. Looked at Mouser Electronics, and while they have a large selection of knobs, I've no idea which of their's would be right type. Also looked at ScannerMaster.

Any ideas on where to get the correct knob?

West of the Muddy Creek, East of the Big Hill.
http://www.mycusthelp.com/uniden/su...ct&sFilB=Sub Product&sFilC=&FA=-1&FB=-1&FC=-1

Scanner Products: 1-800-297-1023 Monday-Friday 8:00A.M. to 5:00P.M. C.S.T

I had the same problem with a broken knob on my 780XLT. Ordered replacement knobs
for the scanner. Purchased 2 complete sets for less than $10.00 including tax and shipping.

Sometimes one is stuck on hold up to 10 minutes before getting through to a live customer
services person.

trafficdan

Premium Subscriber
Just make sure you tell them to include the springs for inside the knobs. The person who took my prder forgot and I had to call back and get them. Luckily I got a customer service rep at Uniden named Garry who knew the true meaning of customer service that bent over backwards to fix my issue.

CZ

Looks as if I am out of luck in obtaining the Volume control knob and springs

Checked my request at Uniden, and it was marked as "Status: Closed" on July 13

So, it appears they no longer have the knob/springs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.