Source for Cheap TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Ok guys, just to reiterate, I understand I’m probably out $90 bucks here. It’s ok. BUT... something is moving through the postal chain. Just got notice that USPS has something at the distribution center in Queens. So something is moving through the system. At this point it’s just fun to see what ends up showing up.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I'm interested in seeing what shows up. However, I see a potential scam, even if he does get a TRX-1. I've asked what people have received in the past and it's usually nothing.

It has been pointed out that these threads pop up on a regular basis. There have been a few bad sellers at RadioReference and they are usually called out quickly. What if someone was to have a new TRX-1 in their posession and wanted to run a scam? Make a site like the scam sites, list a radio for dirt cheap money and then watch to see who starts a thread. Make sure you deliver to that person and watch the floodgates open when they post that they have received their radio. Yes, you're out $500 or so dollars on the TRX-1, but if you get 20 people that jump on all at once when they see the person actually received their radio, it's a quick and easy $1500 in your pocket.

Yes, probably just a conspiracy theory, but I tried looking at it from different angles to see what could be used to deliver the product and make it a profitable venture.

NC1

There seems to be a lot of stuff for sale on that site, mostly unrelated items. The big red flag is that the address appears to not exist, not even the road can be found. These scammers have a US based location to collect the money, at least that's what I have seen lately anyway. Years ago I bought what seemed to be an excellent deal from a supplier in China, only to have a pair of cheap earrings show up in the mail 40 days later. Luckily I got my money back through PayPal on that one. That ended my purchases from China for anything over $10 that were sketchy.
I hope you get the scanner, there's always that exception out there that is legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.