Source for Cheap TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, so I already have a TRX-1 which I love. I was looking for another scanner I could keep at my house and leave hooked to my roof antenna. I came across an obscure online shopping site way down in the google search results that listed a TRX-1 for sale for $98. The description was correct, there were pictures, in mentioned the included SD card, etc.

I took a chance and bought it, using PayPal so there was some purchase protection. For three days I didn’t hear anything. No confirmation email or anything. I did get an email from PayPal confirming the payment to some Chinese vendor that I’ve never heard of. I figured I’d been scammed, but held out hope.

Then yesterday I got a shipping notification through PayPal with a USPS tracking number and currently it says the USPS is waiting for the package.

I’ll give another update here once I get whatever is coming to me. I guess we’ll find out if I scored or if I end up with a Chinese fake, or something totally different.

djeplett

These overseas scammers will typically give a tracking number so you are forced to wait until it's "confirmed" it got lost in the shipment somewhere. Meanwhile, they get to use your money and make money off it. Eventually, they send a refund but it will take weeks or months. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

a417

U+0000
I took a chance and bought it, using PayPal so there was some purchase protection.
Good luck, paypal has seriously dropped off from what they used to be. It's not the paypal of 2003...YMMV.

Don't be surprised if they don't take your side on the transaction.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
The warehouse is in WuHan. Scanners are on Lock Down. There is a Covid Quarantine per Customs, export shipments will be delayed 18-24 months or until you forget about them, whichever comes first.

Send more! The last ones were great! num num

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
We were due for one of these threads, they come along on regular intervals but rarely anybody actually sends any money. I would definitely replace your credit card immediately.

You can wait as long as you want to dispute the charge, after your bank is unable to contact anybody they will refund your money.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
We were due for one of these threads, they come along on regular intervals but rarely anybody actually sends any money. I would definitely replace your credit card immediately.

You can wait as long as you want to dispute the charge, after your bank is unable to contact anybody they will refund your money.
He used PayPal so they don’t have his credit card info.

a417

U+0000
He used PayPal so they don’t have his credit card info.
Paypal recently "fronted the money for a transaction that was completed on your behalf, and will now attempt to recover the money you owe us". Hundreds of dollars of attempted overdraft fees as they continue to draft against a closed credit union account, USAA is considering it fraud...paypal says "it's not our transaction to cancel, you need to contact the seller"...
...good luck.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Paypal recently "fronted the money for a transaction that was completed on your behalf, and will now attempt to recover the money you owe us". Hundreds of dollars of attempted overdraft fees as they continue to draft against a closed credit union account, USAA is considering it fraud...paypal says "it's not our transaction to cancel, you need to contact the seller"...
...good luck.
What does this have to do with the seller possibly having their credit card number?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
My last pay pal(?) claim was filled in early July and settled last week. I did get a refund, but the seller never responded during that time and PP kept pushing the cutoff date further away.

a417

U+0000
What does this have to do with the seller possibly having their credit card number?
It doesn't, but paypal has decidedly changed in the last few years and the illusion of "buyer protection" is a thinly veiled sheet of lies that I personally wouldn't stand behind. Couple of years ago maybe, but now I consider paypal a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.