Source of 142.45MHz (PL146.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

I got this frequency over the weekend in New York City, signal strength was about 3/5, nothing noted in the database. It sounded like a net with discussions about weekend weather. One station was identifying itself as "regional control"

Any idea?

fineshot1

You would not find anything in the fcc db in that spectrum range. Thats the military segment of the vhf-hi band. The military range is 138-144 and 148 to approx 150.7 or there abouts. I would advise you to obtain a frequency spectrum chart so you know in the future what type of service is in each frequency range otherwise your flying blind when you find stuff like that - just a suggestion.

CqDx

I know those things are not listed in the FCC but rather in NTIA. I was referring to the database of this site, which does not have 142.45 listed.

ecps92

Keep listening, make notes and see if you can decipher who it might be.

Up in Western Mass this is P-25 for Westover AFRB

Caught the same Frequency back in the 90's at an Air Show, different PL Tho.

I got this frequency over the weekend in New York City, signal strength was about 3/5, nothing noted in the database. It sounded like a net with discussions about weekend weather. One station was identifying itself as "regional control"

Any idea?

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I suspect a MARS repeater. If it sounds like 2M ham only with A__2 callsign prefixes, particularly if they're conducting formal net operations that's what it is. Now let me see if I have it straight;

AA=Army
AF=Air Force
AN=Navy

Any additions or corrections appreciated.

Last edited:

CqDx

It does sounded sort of like ham repeater (at least the phrases used, "yeah" "thank you very much") but they identify each other by their first names only (other than the "regional control"). It *could* have been FEMA and there is a quite a few key ups during day time but no voice at all.

I'll monitor it over the weekend and see if anything comes up.

Analogrules

I recently heard some voice activity on this frequency too, however it was very weak and sounded a little off-frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.