South Algonquin Twp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone out there within ear shot of this area?

Heard a bit of activity earlier today on 159.075 which I see is listed as South Algonquin Twp. Not sure if it's fire or public works or what. Noticed a PL Tone of 110.9 on it also. TAFL Search Results the signal was weak and staticy but it was still enough to hear and decode a tone.

There are 2 Fire stations. One in Whitney and the other in Madawaska. South Algonquin Township - Fire Department & Emergency Services They also have a Public Works department for the area too. South Algonquin Township - Public Works Department

This is the first time I've heard anything on it as it does seem like a stretch for me to really listen to this area consistently.

Also, in the database Nipissing District County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference There is a frequency listed as South Algonquin Twp. Fire Dept. 153.830 but it also shows Powassan. I don't believe Powassan is in South Algonquin Twp. so I think these should be separated. I know it's such a sparse and rural location. But it was just something I had just come upon.

I don't even see 153.830 listed as a frequency for the area around South Algonquin. TAFL Search Results

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I've also managed to catch some activity now on 152.060 PL 91.5 with mention of "523" which is County Rd. 523 which is also near the village of Madawaska also in South Algonquin Twp., so perhaps there is something for me here. Again, it's very much on my fringe for consistent listening.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Now to go and confirm 152.060.

Heard them on 159.075 this morning talking about sanding roads so it sounds like that must be the Public Works channel. I will update the database further.

Odd that I'm able to hear these from Renfrew. That's a good distance

Status
Not open for further replies.