South Bend PD going digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceRobbins24

Premium Subscriber
so with the new system, do you think someone will link to it and get the feed back up on the live audio portion of this site? I really miss being able to hear what all is going on here in town.

ClayFD61

There were supposed to go live March 1st but haven't heard a thing yet. Talked to a female officer I know from South Bend PD and she said they were issued 800 radios 2 years ago and it still just sits in her trunk and they have yet to do any training on them. That was about a week ago..

maddogdecker

I was up that way saturday and still heard them on uhf/vhf. I travel around that area quite a bit. I will keep you guys updated. I will post some thing when I'm up that way when I get home.

vest2208

Premium Subscriber
They are still on UHF, haven't switched yet.. We actually had someone that had a feed up with a digital scanner, however, it's listed on our feeds but has been offline forever now.

vest2208

Premium Subscriber
Actually what's kind of funny.. (and if it's any indication) this was posted back in October 2011 in another post here: " So the SBPD is switching to 800mhz starting tomorrow with full conversion to begin on Monday.... anyone have any info regarding this move (freq's, etc..)." Could be Christmas at this rate lol

Rid-A-Bug

Premium Subscriber
South Bend digital

I have there digital open 24/7, once in a blue moon you will get something.
Keep listening.

SCOTTER

All they do is one guy says test other guy says test no hows it sound no nothing at all just that Mon through Fri. At that rate by the end of the year.

Ghawkman56

Guys,
I live in South Bend and have been reading the threads regarding this move.Believe me, this city is so screwed up, both polictially and financially, it could be years before this happens. Not to mention,the recent resignation of the Chief of Police due to a federal investigation.

chidd_88

Premium Subscriber
SBPD doing radio training.

Some new info on SBPD going to SAFE-T, the past couple weeks they have been doing training for all the shifts on the new radios. Im guessing within the next month or two, they'll be switching over. For those that have the ability to get the SBPD SAFE-T talkgroups, listen in. I noticed particularly at night is when the majority of their training is going on.

SBPD861

Today, August 8th is the day. We will switch to 800mhz at 1000hrs & discontinue dispatching/monitoring UHF. South Bend Fire will continue on UHF for the time-being.

The UHF SBPD ch#3 will be active as a way to contact the Park Police, Traffic/Lighting & Street Dept Unit-11 only.

I have nothing to do with the radioshop or decision process & agree this has taken way to long to happen.

sbpd861
Dayshift Relief Supervisor

Status
Not open for further replies.