South Boston Speedway ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Anyone find a frequency for them ? Been doing alot of digging and cant find much. I had thought maybe they would be under the license of Pocono but no luck.

ecps92

Using
and going 0.1000 thru 999.9999 and a 2.0 mi Radius search of the track returns - Nothing for the track.
and I even selected show me the expired ones too....

Looks like SEARCH and/or Close-Call might be the only options

Anyone find a frequency for them ? Been doing alot of digging and cant find much. I had thought maybe they would be under the license of Pocono but no luck.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I have done the same FCC search. Being they are owned by Pocono i looked at there license also with no luck. I doubt they would be sharing stuff with VIR as its quite a distance apart. I guess I'll bring the scanner in March and see what i can find. First race is March 21st so i can still dig around until then.

Ten42

Check their website, southbostonspeedway.com, click under drivers and the link for driver frequencies. It also shows the track officials use 464.50, NASCAR has a license for that I am sure.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Check their website, southbostonspeedway.com, click under drivers and the link for driver frequencies. It also shows the track officials use 464.50, NASCAR has a license for that I am sure.

I know those are there. I was looking for operations type channels. NASCAR is race control. There is other radio stuff used, year round.

ecps92

the search button [No not google] is a wonderful thing, amazing what can be found when used.
I know those are there. I was looking for operations type channels. NASCAR is race control. There is other radio stuff used, year round.

Last edited:

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
the search button [No not google] is a wonderful thing, amazing what can be found when used.

And what is that supposed to mean ? I have searched high and low on RR and every other website with no luck on actual used frequencies at the track. I have every drivers frequency (many more than listed on SBS site, in addition to most if not all NASCAR frequencies for Truck, Xfinity and Cup. I was looking for specific frequencies for operations units. If they are listed some place feel free to share but I have yet to find them. Most tracks have licensed channels they use for everyday use and race day operations. Many of the larger tracks are listed in Wiki under NASCAR tracks, but the "hometown" tracks are missing.

I'll keep digging.As said first race is March 21st and we are camping on site. I'll be sure to do close call scans along with other means of searching or finding the channels. IF and when i find them i'll get them on Wiki

ecps92

Scanners have a Search feature as well as "Close Call"
Program your radio for search of the 450-470 band - you maybe surprised at what you find in SEARCH mode

Having done many an on-site/on-scene search event, if bored also try the 470-512 TV band
And what is that supposed to mean ? I have searched high and low on RR and every other website with no luck on actual used frequencies at the track. I have every drivers frequency (many more than listed on SBS site, in addition to most if not all NASCAR frequencies for Truck, Xfinity and Cup. I was looking for specific frequencies for operations units. If they are listed some place feel free to share but I have yet to find them. Most tracks have licensed channels they use for everyday use and race day operations. Many of the larger tracks are listed in Wiki under NASCAR tracks, but the "hometown" tracks are missing.

I'll keep digging.As said first race is March 21st and we are camping on site. I'll be sure to do close call scans along with other means of searching or finding the channels. IF and when i find them i'll get them on Wiki

Ten42

The track website says "NASCAR radio frequency 464.50" Searching FCC database, WYU665 is the call sign licensed by NASCAR as MOI (mobile, itinerant) assuming its nationwide. I think thats what you are looking for. If you search that call sign you will notice numerous other frequencies licensed as MOI as well.

Last edited:

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Thats not what I'm looking for. Im looking for track services channels. I have all the NASCARR channels, however other than 2 they are full DMR now. Looking for services such as security/vending/etc. I know they use one channel. As said I'll be on site for the first race of the year and will dig around with my radios.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, Ive been meaning to reply since your first post but I kept getting side-tracked.

0461.3625 SOUTH BOSTON 1 DCS 331
0464.5000 SOUTH BOSTON 2 DCS 423
0462.1625 SOUTH BOSTON 3 DCS 331
0464.9625 SOUTH BOSTON 4 DCS 331
0466.3625 SOUTH BOSTON 5 DCS 331
0469.9625 SOUTH BOSTON 6 DCS 331

As I recall, 1 is track operations, 2 is race control, 3 is a unit to unit channel. At one time, track crews were on 5 but I think it changed to either 4 or 6 but I've also heard track crews on 2 also with race control. The 1st 3 channels were good as of the Tour Modified race last year and the others I've heard over the last few years. I've copied and pasted this from an ARCXT file that I use.

ecps92

Try these others on the same License
WQWB488 - SPECIALTY COMMUNICATIONS INC. DBA RACECOM OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, Ive been meaning to reply since your first post but I kept getting side-tracked.

0461.3625 SOUTH BOSTON 1 DCS 331
0464.5000 SOUTH BOSTON 2 DCS 423
0462.1625 SOUTH BOSTON 3 DCS 331
0464.9625 SOUTH BOSTON 4 DCS 331
0466.3625 SOUTH BOSTON 5 DCS 331
0469.9625 SOUTH BOSTON 6 DCS 331

As I recall, 1 is track operations, 2 is race control, 3 is a unit to unit channel. At one time, track crews were on 5 but I think it changed to either 4 or 6 but I've also heard track crews on 2 also with race control. The 1st 3 channels were good as of the Tour Modified race last year and the others I've heard over the last few years. I've copied and pasted this from an ARCXT file that I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.