South Coast LE talkarounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonJourno

I was wondering if anybody has identified any police/sheriff talkaround frequencies in Coos County (aside from the Coquille and Bandon frequencies on the database page)?

The old sheriff's office dispatch frequency, LAW1 at 155.88, is still licensed and I hear the station ID beep out every half hour or so. But I only ever hear voice traffic from the repeater at our newsroom scanner when a deputy accidentally keys the input frequency, thinking they're on LAW2. They're always promptly chased off by the dispatchers.

Is LAW1 being used for simplex/line-of-sight tactical stuff?

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I was just down there for the weekend, and didn't hear any talk-around frequencies for CCSO, Coos Bay PD, North Bend PD, or Bandon PD.

And yes, I heard the same thing - station ID on Law 1 and normal traffic on Law 2.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Is LAW1 being used for simplex/line-of-sight tactical stuff?

No, Law 1 is a repeater channel simulcasted all over Coos County. It is sometimes used if two units have an extended conversation so that way they don't tie up Law 2 which is the dispatch channel. Due to massive layoffs from the sheriffs office (from a patrol force of 20 deputies to now only 20 people in the sheriffs office altogether) Law 2 is pretty open so they really have no need to switch to Law 1 for car-2-car traffic. Also, Law 1 is extensively used during the Coos County fair for fair detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.