South Jersey Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

europa10

Hi.

First, excuse my ignorance...........Second, I used to be into scanning MANY years ago. My area, Atlantic County New Jersey (Atlantic County, New Jersey (NJ) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) indicates they are now on a Project 25 Phase II system. I know I would need a radio such as BCD325P2, BCD436HP or SDS100 to pick up Phase II.
I was chatting with a guy who said even though police are listed they are encrypted and we can not hear them. Can someone verify that??

Also I only see the local Sheriff frequency that uses simulcasting. I don't know if the extra money (150.00) for the SDS100 vs BCD436HP is worth it.

Any comments are more when welcomed.

Thank you very much.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
All LE activity, with exception of 1 or 2 talkgroups on the county P25 system, is encrypted. Whoever told you that is 100% correct, as the database also reflects.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I was chatting with a guy who said even though police are listed they are encrypted and we can not hear them. Can someone verify that??
Take a look at the talkgroup tables here & focus on the "Mode" column. Any talkgroup listed as mode "TE" indicates full encryption (TDMA Encrypted) A scanner can only monitor the Mode "T" talkgroups in this system

Status
Not open for further replies.