South Pacific Fishing Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvranchosbill

Receiver Located in N/W Nevada South of Reno

For several days now starting around 15:00 hrs Pacific Time to about 19:00 hrs Pacific Time

Just about every Frequency between "28.500mhz to 36.000mhz using 5khz increments,FM Mode",(No tone heard)

Continuous Two-Way Comms heard (Language not confirmed) maybe coming from
Somoa,Tonga,Solomans,Mariannas etc.

I dont speak that language but i can say with connfidence that it is not Japanese,Chinese,Vietnamese etc.

Without counting the freqs i have logged from them, im guessing 100+ Freqs are being used and even with that amount they are stepping on each other.

They are yelling into their radios and in the background you can hear engines racing or they sound like their in an echo chamber.

Every single one of them are speaking the same language, they all fade in then out together.

Ive searched google in every way i could think of, and only thing i come up with that there is a Fishermans Radio Network in the South Pacific Islands and no freqs are listed.

Ive searched by frequency,area etc and not a single thing found on this.

I would think something is on record somewhere even if they are Fishing illegely and using the freqs illegely.

Has anyone else heard them and maybe know if they are in fact skipping in from the South Pacific Islands?.

Everything i have posted is speculation except the Freqs and time of day.

Any ideas? The skip distance is stretching it a little but they are i Assume in water and we are picking up Hawaii on 27mhz around the same time.

To many Freqs to post it would take for ever to list.

Is anyone else picking them up?

Or know where i can look at an article on them?

Its 19:00 PT and im still hearing them on 30.225mhz, most of the higher freqs are now dead.

Last edited:

gvranchosbill

After doing some research in South Pacific Islander Languages, and opinion's from others i have determined with about %90 accuracy that they are speaking an "Austronesian Family" group of Languages being Malayo-Polynesian,Tagalog,Javanese Etc.

This is a "long shot wild guess" since to this date have found no info on anything related to my earlier post,
maybe they have Vietnam War surplus AN/VRC 12 Series VHF Lowband 92 Channel Radios?

Again just a thought, but plausible.

Im still working on getting the origin of the communications ive been hearing via VHF Lowband skip for weeks now, that only lasts for about 2 to 3 hours till sunset (Western Nevada) using many freqs from 28 mhz to 36 mhz (36 mhz being MUF).

I love the challenge of trying to figure this out.

Right now im picking up what sounds like North Korean Propaganda? on 29.1900 mhz FM @(18:45 hrs Pacific) and just now concluded transmission (Off Air).

Songs and Voice sound like cold war style Soviet Union Praaganda?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Interesting. Do remember that the bands are hopping as we continue to climb on the solar cycle. Worked Costa-Rica on ten metres this weekend, so anything is possible with the current band conditions

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
Tonight between 1900 and 2000 CDT (0000-0100z) I heard similar comms on 30.075 - unknown language.

Also had simple voice inversion on: 33.030, 37.020, 37.040.

Voice inversion with 'tick tick tick' on 37.280.

Was hearing the San Franciso Muni Rail on 31.140 at the same time.

--

For several days now starting around 15:00 hrs Pacific Time to about 19:00 hrs Pacific Time Just about every Frequency between "28.500mhz to 36.000mhz using 5khz increments,FM Mode",(No tone heard) Continuous Two-Way Comms heard (Language not confirmed) maybe coming from
Somoa,Tonga,Solomans,Mariannas

Status
Not open for further replies.