South Simcoe Police Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDX

NO Blocker on South Simco Frequencys

Does anyone know if the South Simcoe police put a blocker on their frequencies ?

I monitor South Simco and the frequency is 142.1250 as I found that was more clear, and from what I can put together from running there Towers no they do not have a Blocker on there Channel ,but they have been recalabrating there output power in there tower for a stronger signal, so the frequency has been for the lack of better words choppy at times and does sound like it has gone encripted , but as far as I know they have not and will not at this time to go encription because they just spent several hundred thousand dollors referbishing there police stations,and that city of Barrie has not approved the allowance to buy a encripted systyem, but rest assure that one day soon all Police depts will run a encripted system,

Truly XDX

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I monitor South Simco and the frequency is 142.1250 as I found that was more clear, and from what I can put together from running there Towers no they do not have a Blocker on there Channel ,but they have been recalabrating there output power in there tower for a stronger signal, so the frequency has been for the lack of better words choppy at times and does sound like it has gone encripted

Sounds nothing like encryption, have you ever heard a encrypted frequency or TG?

but as far as I know they have not and will not at this time to go encription because they just spent several hundred thousand dollors referbishing there police stations,and that city of Barrie has not approved the allowance to buy a encripted systyem, but rest assure that one day soon all Police depts will run a encripted system,

Truly XDX

City of Barrie has nothing to do with South Simcoe PD buying a new system, Innisfil approved the Kenwood Nexedge system last year and actually started purchasing the new Kenwood radios right away.

The Kenwood's NEXEDGE/NXDN system cannot be monitored with a scanner.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry XDX but your post is completely wrong.

Ron's explanation of what's going on is bang on.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Just a little note on this. Not only is this NXDN and not able to monitor with a scanner, they enabled this feature called encryption.:(

South Simcoe PD

If Nexedge can not be monitored by a traditional scanner, either am/digital/trunked/etc, can you purchase a separate Nexedge radio to monitor?

XDX

South Simcoe just spent more than a couple of million on a new precinct ,and I do not think you will be able to monitor 142,1250 South Simcoe Police anymore, and as I was mentioning the fact of who was alotting for new systems,in my post, I got ahead of myself and said city of Barrie , when I meant Innisfil, but if anyone can add to this it would be of great intrest,as it would be nice to monitor South Simcoe again, but that seams to be a past now. Encryption what ??

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Yeap. SSPD has gone encrypted and you aren't going to hear them anymore. Same story as Niagara (although their system has been known to drop back to in the clear on numerous occasions).

Status
Not open for further replies.