South Sound 911 signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone experiencing no signal on the Tacoma tower for South Sound 911? My 436hp isnt catching onto a data control channel and I'm getting no chatter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RBMTS

My guess is that there is a different control channel.

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
Anyone experiencing no signal on the Tacoma tower for South Sound 911? My 436hp isnt catching onto a data control channel and I'm getting no chatter.

Have you had any luck? I've never been able to lock onto a Tacoma tower for Pierce County sheriff

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Here ya go
664a5d22435ea384df3159977f13ec85.jpg

Weird, must be some dead area. The Buckley tower will be fine or you since all channels simulcast on all towers.

kc1028

If this is not the place for this let me know. Even though I have been using a 436 for a long time I never learned much. I monitor SS911 and Tacoma PSRS. Used to live by Narrows. County (SS911) came in perfect. Now I am in East Piece and have a hard time getting County. Noticed the talk of picking up different towers. So how do I know which tower I am hearing and set it up? Using Sentinel Software.
Also saw the mention of changing squelch. Have not been able to figure out how to do so to try in on my 436. so any help would be great.
Thanks.

Either the Orting tower or Buckley tower is the best to use. The orting tower seems to put out the most signal strength. Hope that helps! What kind of antenna are you using?

kc1028

Either the Orting tower or Buckley tower is the best to use. The orting tower seems to put out the most signal strength. Hope that helps! What kind of antenna are you using?

At home just the one that comes on them. I work in Gig Harbor and when they went Digital we could get nothing until I stumbled on the Yagi thread, I think here. Bought a VERY cheap one to try. Suddenly we could hear the county again out there. So I bought another one for the old place. There the County came in perfect. City would not, off 12th and Jackson. Turned out to (I think) simulcast distortion. So I hooked up the other Yagi, perfect. Then I moved to Spanaway. City came in perfect, nothing on County. Tried the Yagi, nothing. It was not till I got the new one for Christmas and had to learn Sentinel again. Suddenly County was working. I did not know what the hell happened till I saw the thread about towers. Then I "think" I got it. When programing new one I had in the Orting and Buckley with out knowing. So I assume the County started working here due to that? Just curios if this is what's now working how do I tell which tower I am picking up here? I am assuming at work out in the Harbor I am picking up the one by the Bridge?
Also squelch. Noticed you said you changed it. I can't seem to find that on mine. How do I change it?
Thanks

kc1028

OK, I "think" I may have it now. Had never paid attention but now I see when County comes up on the middle line it is showing Orting or Buckley. I have always only listened to Police. Years back when I got the first 436 I did not load the Buckley or Orting as I was not interested in them. I now see that must be why I got no County when I moved out here. The Orting Simulcast seems to be the strong one here. So I re did the program on the old scanner and it too now picks up the County fine here. Hopefully this info may help someone else who is new to this. It sure went over my head for a long time trying to figure this out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.