South Taylor EMS to hospital frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithJoseph

Still working on my amateur radio callsign.
so I just heard South Taylor EMS trying to get a hold of Abilene regional medical center in this dispatch came back and told them that they are still on fire channel so why didn't I hear them transmit to the hospital and what is the frequency for that or where do I find it

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
so I just heard South Taylor EMS trying to get a hold of Abilene regional medical center in this dispatch came back and told them that they are still on fire channel so why didn't I hear them transmit to the hospital and what is the frequency for that or where do I find it
Try searching the biomedical channels, 463.000 to 463.175.
See this page, https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Emergency_Medical_Services_Radio

South Taylor EMS and Hendrick both are licensed for these, as is Abilene Regional (under ARMC, L.P., license WPYV308 )

This set is commonly used for hospital/ambulance communications in multiple places.

scanaholic

Yeah, those Metrocare ambulance radios are pretty poor. I have an old ground plane type antenna in my apartment that picks up good, and they even fade out on it lots of times, if I can hear them at all.

KeithJoseph

Still working on my amateur radio callsign.
I'm just using the plain ole telescoping antennas on two of my scanners. Ws1065 and pro136

ktkc5ffq

Premium Subscriber
MetroCare only has VHF capabilities. They use VMED28 155.340MHz to report patient info to both hospitals, including the new Hendrick south location. In the cases that you only hear the hospital, is due to the ambulance not being in range for you to hear them. An external antenna would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.