Southaven/Olive Branch freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
In the near future, I will be visiting family in Southaven/Olive Brach, MS. Can someone give me some suggestions on what to listen to.
Hwy Patrol, Desoto Co Sheriff, municipal police & Fire Fq. thank you for your time. Have a great day

llwade

Premium Subscriber
thank you for your info
that was definately NOT what I wanted to hear
any idea why the whole county encrypted ?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
There is I believe still one agency in DeSoto County not fully E. Unless someone has not submitted newest changes.. And one of the PD's is only encrypted on one side not both. Dispatch is clear, mobiles E. Again unless this changed and no one submitted changes.

OBFD is CLEAR. OBPD is half/half. Everyone else is fully E.

kf5bti

All MSWIN Desoto County comms are encrypted now. The rural fire departments still simulcast on VHF and MHP is in the clear. Your only 5 miles from Memphis which is in the clear but there is so much traffic I don't care to listen to them! Hospital Wing is on VHF and is very active. Fairly good amount of EMS calls and neighboring counties can be heard on the MSWIN system if interested.

MDKramerAL

I was in Olive Branch Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Plenty of LEO traffic in the area. I used the Full database with GPS on 436. Well aware of traffic accidents, fire calls, etc.

kf5bti

I was in Olive Branch Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Plenty of LEO traffic in the area. I used the Full database with GPS on 436. Well aware of traffic accidents, fire calls, etc.
Not sure what you were listening to, any change you logged anything that would be useful to those that live here? The only thing I hear on the Desoto MSWIN tower is MHP and neighboring Marshal County.

MDKramerAL

I didn't. I heard PD in the Desoto/Olive Branch area talking to dispatch regarding a wreck on the 302 and inquiring on MHP status. I was there overnight only. Sorry I do not remember agency names nor log anything. If there again I will do so and notice here!

Status
Not open for further replies.