Southern Alberta Summer Snowstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVelvet

This is turning out to be a very serious event and not just a summer dusting of snow for many communities.

Calgary Fire crews have been absolutely non-stop today from trees and lines down across the City.

In fact, CAN-TF2 have just advised they have been activated.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I see the Database shows a frequency similar to UHF fire on 413.8625 but haven't heard anything on that frequency. When I worked an exercise this past spring with CAN-TF2, I really didn't have time to search out frequencies but most of the radios that were shown to me were for the 800 and 700 range. With power out at work yesterday and only on emerg power and busy with meetings, didn't have time to really listen. Once power came back in afternoon of course it was catch up time. I did see one transmission on CEMA frequency. Did hear a lot of Fire dispatch and Enmax. I believe late at night they were up in the 6xxx range of calls for trees on power lines or live power lines down. Funny to hear dispatches for tree and grass fires when there was over a foot of snow in places. But I imagine the live power was causing a lot of sparks and smoke/vapour. Lot less problems today, but still a lot of tree branches on power lines.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
CANTF2 retains the licenses for the old CFD 400 MHz frequencies in case they become useful at some point in the future.

I've heard them on A13 as well this week.

Being that Forestry was also involved (Wildfire brought in a couple of HAC teams to help fell trees) you might have some activity on Firenet or Fireline channels.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
My memory is a bit hazy, but I think I remember seeing CanTF2 carrying 800/700MHz XTS-5000 up in Slave Lake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if there was any activity on Firenet/Fireline this weekend. I did do a scan between 150 and 174 Saturday afternoon but only heard couple of people talking on 150.115 [no one licensed in Calgary area] but they were certainly not associated with the cleanup of trees. I know a lot of the Firenet/Fireline are simplex and probably hand held so would not hear them unless fairly close.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
TF2 has banks of the old CFD 400MHz radios, the old ARES group was in charge of keeping them charges and working. I'm sure they will be going to something else, but thats what they have on the chargers in Forest Lawn

Status
Not open for further replies.