Southern Brunswick County

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerGoTV3

Don't know if any of y'all down towards the SC State Line are listening or not...
apparently some type of structure fire in Little River at the Colonial Inn.

Anybody listening?

52to12

Colonial Inn was formerly a 18 unit motel ,closed 4 years ago. Only occupant was an empolyee of the owners who was living in the 2 fl unit where the fire started. Flames were through the roof when F.D. arrived. 4 of the 18 units were lost.Calabash F.D.(B.C. station #12) responded mutual aid with an engine,ladder, rescue truck and 11 firefighters. All operations in Horry Co. are on 800mhz. I was in Wilmington at the time .Missed the page.

HCFR89

i was there. when we got there (i went in the engine from my company) there was flames coming through the roof. calabash's ladder pulled into the driveway of the motel and used all 500 gallons of water. our job on the engine was to find the hydrant so we can use more water. we searched for about 15 mins. finally we found it in weeds about 4 feet high. they didnt need the hydrant then.

i read in there paper that there was a friend staying in the motel and he lite a cig. and droped the lighter onto the bed. then he went outside and came back in and his room was on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.