Southern California Repeater Location Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
Anyone know what happened to Kevin Karamanos' Southern California Repeater Location Guide? The booklet was published twice a year, first by Karl Pagel, and most recently by Kevin. The last issue I saw was 2018.

Like anything else in print, it became obsolete the instant the final file was sent to the printer, but I found it to be a good source of (SoCal/Nevada/Arizona) repeater information, and unlike Repeater Book or other online resources, it was stand alone old school technology. I could stow a copy in my glove box and on my radio desk for instant access. An added plus was I could jot down additions and corrections in the margins!

K6GBW

I also used that guide. The last one I have is the 35th Edition from 2018. I think it may be gone now. Most of us are using the lists from W6JPL or Repeaterbook.com. No mater what we use it seems it's never quite up to date. I'm sure there are a lot of repeaters out there that aren't listed and, even more frustrating, there are a great many repeaters listed that don't exist anymore. I maintain my own list of verified 6 meter, 2 meter, 220 and 440 machines for the LA area. If you need something specific PM me and I'll send you what I have.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I maintain my own list of verified 6 meter, 2 meter, 220 and 440 machines for the LA area. If you need something specific PM me and I'll send you what I have.
Would you mind sharing your list by submitting the details to the Radio Reference database? With the combined efforts of many, or even a few, we can help ourselves and others. A verified list would be beneficial, as well as identifying repeaters in the database that are no longer active.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I use (used?) the Repeater Location Guide as a starting point for my own lists. Repeaterbook, JPL and RR are other sources, along the NARCC guide for NorCal repeaters. I agree with GBW, none of the lists are completely accurate.

cmdrwill

I agree with GBW, none of the lists are completely accurate.

That is why there are a lot of hand written notes on my JPL list.
The person who keeps the JPL list is also on one of the coordinator committees.

k6cpo

If you're interested in the San Diego area, the San Diego Section website contains links to all the club websites within the section. Most of the clubs have their repeaters listed on their websites.

SDG

Status
Not open for further replies.