• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Southern Home Security System

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOW TO INSTALL A """HOME SECURITY SYSTEM""" IN THE
SOUTH

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's
used work boots, size 14-16.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy
of Guns and Ammo and your NRA magazines.

3. Put a giant dog dish next to the boots and
magazine.

4. Leave a note on your door that reads: " Hey Bubba:
Big Mike, Slim, Cooter and I went for more ammo. Back in
an hour. Don't mess with the Pitbulls. They attacked
the mailman this morning and messed him up pretty bad.
I don't think Killer took part in it but I locked all
four of them in the house. Better wait outside."

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Or at least know who lives there:

(From the Atlanta Journal Constitution)
A home invasion suspect was shot and killed early Thursday by his intended victim, a DeKalb County police officer, authorities said.

At least three men forced open the front door of the off-duty officer's Northlake apartment at the Lake Louise complex on Evans Road shortly before 2 a.m., DeKalb police spokesman Herschel Grangent said.

The officer and his 8-year-old son were asleep, and when the officer awoke, he saw one of the intruders pointing a gun at him. The officer fired his own gun at the suspect, killing him, Grangent said.

The other suspects ran away and were still at large, Grangent said. The apartment complex is off Henderson Mill Road just outside I-285.

"It looks as though they randomly picked this apartment to do a burglary," Grangent said. "It looks as though they picked the wrong one, and this officer did what he had to do to defend his family."

The names of the officer and the dead man have not been released. The officer and his son were not injured in the incident. Grangent said the officer, who has been on the force for at least five years, was placed on routine administrative leave.

scankid2591

Hmm... understandable that it killed the burglar. I have some law enforcement ammo for a 9mm. In addition to the hollow point on the projectile, theres jagged edges along the edge of the top of the projectile (near the hollow point itself). It's meant to expand the second it comes in contact with flesh. Ouch.

No, I won't tell you where I got that ammo from.

dren

You can get that ammo at any gun store. My department issues 125 grain Speer Gold Dot hollow points. I can buy the exact same stuff for personal use. Hydra-Shoks and Black Talons were all the rage back in the day and got a lot of not so good press from the know nothings, but today their successors are commonplace.

jparks29

just once, ONCE... I want the LEO spokesperson holding a newsconference.. to tell the guys who did something stupid what a dumbass they were.... .cmon.. JUST ONCE!

"... well the DUMBASS tried to rob a police officer, the police officer did what he had to do to protect himself and his family...."

scankid2591

My ammo is Winchester... I lost the box though, so I can't exactly tell the exact name...

My 9mm pistol isn't in my room, but I do have my 7.62 x 54R M38 Russian paratrooper's rifle with 40 rounds of FMJ sitting next to it and my beloved Yugoslavian M-59/66 (SKS) with 750 rounds of mainly FMJ and about 100 rounds of that is hollow points in my room.

If someone somehow gets past our dogs I'll be prepared. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.