Southern Maine fire --loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

I write to all scanner fire buffs and Souther Maine fire Notification,
I just learned the awesome dispatcher 101 has passed. I knew him, considerred him to be the voice of upper New England. Also a former A.M.R employee/ medic.He was the kind of man you wanted at gatherrings. His whole surroundings was fire/ems related. If there was a better man in this world, it wasn't in this century, or last.. R-I-P 101, you made scanning fun-to me.. You were --THE MAN, visit you Sunday Bri, thanks for touching my life.. Brian S. Starkey | SeacoastOnline.com Mobile Edition

Last edited:

mainetrunk

He sat in my yard a few times dispatching.( " Souther Maine announcing a 1st alarm,,,," ) He had basicly fire and ems in his scanners, not many P.D's...( til later ) My scanner I would have on my person would not be scanning the stuff he would hear in his truck..Point is ( memory of words he said to me MANY times ) I would hear the fire tones, and he would ask me " you got " ------ fire" in that?" ( Radio shack pro 83 ) I'd say, oh, somewhere, maybe locked out.. He would then say " that cheap R.S piece of crap " He taught me about P.L's and DCS.. Got me into Uniden products, always a straight shooter. He was the BEST "FRIEND" a scanner could have, lol...Me too.. The nights we would search vhf and uhf from different local's, we would get many many mystery freqs .. ( before trbo ).. In closing, I really feel a GREAT human has passed thru and touched alot of people, alot.. Thanks for teaching me Bri, Glad I could help you when I could.

mainetrunk

I'd also like to thank the York FD, and PD for a very professional service. They had the antique Chicago fire car 1 there. Many antenna's on many vehicles.( speaking as a scanner lover ) Even Kittery sent a motorcycle cop to run traffic detail. Thank you York fire for the luncheon afterwards, and salute to 101. ... 1 of a kind...

Status
Not open for further replies.