Southern Ohio DSDPlus / Pro96Com / Unitrunker users -- call for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi folks,

If you live in/near one of the counties below and you have the ability to run DSDPlus / Pro96Com or Unitrunker, please consider checking in to the American Electric Power WACN 92715 thread .

In the areas below we need sleuthers -- people who are capable of searching the 854-862 mHz band for the presence of new P25 sites wiwth a WACN of 92715. Obviously, people who just have P25-capable scanners can help as well, but those proficient with Unitrunker, Pro96Com and/or DSDPlus are able to capture a lot more information that can help us to look for new AEP P25 sites as they come online. More are coming online every day down in Southern Ohio.

Adams
Athens
Gallia
Highland
Hocking
Jackson
Lawrence
Meigs
Perry
Pike
Ross
Scioto
Vinton

So if you are a good sleuther from one of the above areas with handy tools like Unitrunker, Pro96Com or DSDPlus, please check into the thread mentioned in the first paragraph and let us know you are available to do some searching. Even if you just have a P25 scanner, if you are capable of using it's search features to determine new P25 sites (WACN / SysID / Site ID / NAC / control channel), we could use your help as well.

Thanks!

Mike

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Also need Washington County checked for two sites

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Hi folks,

If you live in/near one of the counties below and you have the ability to run DSDPlus / Pro96Com or Unitrunker, please consider checking in to the American Electric Power WACN 92715 thread .

In the areas below we need sleuthers <snip>
Athens
Hocking
Jackson
Ross

If it weren't for this damn bug, I'd start from home and make a big circle down through Hocking, Athens, Jackson and Ross, then return home.

Unfortunately, we're really busy at work, and all I want to do with my weekends is relax at home. When this thing settles down I'll think about taking a drive.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I have (had?) a staycation scheduled for the end of April and I was planning to use that week to go RF hunting. I work in healthcare so that time off is now up in the air depending on how the next few weeks go. If I am still off I will go check the sites in the southern portions of Ohio.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have (had?) a staycation scheduled for the end of April and I was planning to use that week to go RF hunting. I work in healthcare so that time off is now up in the air depending on how the next few weeks go. If I am still off I will go check the sites in the southern portions of Ohio.

Yeah, we're pretty much in the same boat; I'm in Emergency Management. No time off for another month at least.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
If it weren't for this damn bug, I'd start from home and make a big circle down through Hocking, Athens, Jackson and Ross, then return home.

Unfortunately, we're really busy at work, and all I want to do with my weekends is relax at home. When this thing settles down I'll think about taking a drive.
Tom, I was wondering if you been able to make the the road trip to map the new AEP sites? Mike Josh and I have covered the east central parts of Ohio plus WV. We love to have your help.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I have taken my laptop, hooked to my dongle using DSD-Plus with a magnetic antenna on my roof. That is the best way to provide information for us. Using a scanner dose not work for the information we need.

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Tom, I was wondering if you been able to make the the road trip to map the new AEP sites? Mike Josh and I have covered the east central parts of Ohio plus WV. We love to have your help.

Nope. The EOC is activated and until this pandemic stuff settles down I'm working 5 days a week at least 9 hours/day and sometimes 10-12 hours, plus being on call 24/7. I've pretty much been spending my weekends at home decompressing from 50+ hour weeks listening to bad news.

Depending on the WX this Saturday I might go for a jaunt, for how long and how far would be up in the air.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Nope. The EOC is activated and until this pandemic stuff settles down I'm working 5 days a week at least 9 hours/day and sometimes 10-12 hours, plus being on call 24/7. I've pretty much been spending my weekends at home decompressing from 50+ hour weeks listening to bad news.

Depending on the WX this Saturday I might go for a jaunt, for how long and how far would be up in the air.
Tom, That would be awesome. Thanks for your help. Stay Safe

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber

Tom, Just wondering if you were able to make a trip down south to find or sites

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Nice WX today so I made the jaunt. . . Circleville to Lancaster on US22, US33 to Logan and Athens, US32 to Wellston, SR93 to McArthur, US50 through Ratcliffburg and (sort of) past Richmond Dale to Chillicothe, then US23 back toward home. Ran an 800 MHz band search every place I stopped through an external antenna on the car, which picks up 800 MHz sites very nicely (distant or nearby).

Only new sites I heard were Athens, Zaleski and Chillicothe, all of which are already in the database. Existing EDACS sites heard still on line:

855.9125 - Wellston
854.8125 - Rattcliffsburg
854.9125 - Chillicothe
856.8375 - Richmond Dale

Looks like AEP isn't in a particularly large hurry to get the area around Vinton and Jackson counties switched over. . .

PS - I'll have to try Logan again in the near future; I heard something but not well enough to figure out what it was.

Tom

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Tom, did you use DSD plus on your adventure?

I don't use DSD+ (at least not in the field), I use Pro96Com and sometimes Unitrunker. And no, I didn't. I found nothing new, so no point in running it.

Nice day for a drive, though.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I don't use DSD+ (at least not in the field), I use Pro96Com and sometimes Unitrunker.

And no, I didn't. I found nothing new, so no point in running it.
Thanks again for making the trip. I would of thought that more AEP sites would of been on line. @n8jsw is on a road trip now.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Not bad for 6 hour round trip form Belmont down to Marietta and up to Zanesville and back home. I found 5 new sites online confirmed using DSD+ and a couple that are online but was to far out to confirm but they are online. Very nice day to take the trip and get this info.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Not to much in my area to confirm. I think Quaker City, Beallsville, Calcutta, and Amsterdam. I will be running DSD+. Checking sites. Josh can handle Beallsville and Quaker City. I can handle Calcutta and Amsterdam sites.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Went for another jaunt today, down US23 to the Portsmouth/Scioto County area. Considerably more success than the last trip down US33:

Site 57.57 CC - 854.3875 WQEY359 Minford
Site 58.58 CC - 855.1625 WPCQ255 Mount Joy
Site 59.59 CC - 855.0625 WQEY359 Portsmouth
Site 92.92 CC - 854.5125 (Failed, Stale) WRDH655 Jackson?
Site 101.101 CC - 856.6375 WRDH655 Piketon

The only one I'm not sure of is 92.92, which is probably Jackson; it was showing up as neighbor to all the others and I'm pretty sure I heard it on the scanner, but I was unable to receive it clearly enough to verify it directly.

There was zero voice traffic while I was monitoring at each of my brief stops (wanted to get home before the monsoon began) so didn't log any voice channels.

I'm too relaxed right now to go digging through the Pro96Com logs and my notes to get the neighbor sites and NACs.

WX permitting I might take a run down US62 to the Adams/Brown County area and back east on US32 next Saturday to see what I can grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.