Southington Hamfest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Just want to give everyone a heads up that the Southington Hamfest, held every year at Southington high school, is this Sunday, March 16th. I have always gotten lucky there. Last year I scored a UHF Motorola HT 1250 portable for almost nothing. I was able to refurbish it and even sell it for profit after I decided to upgrade to something different. I'm really where I want to be with my shack so my trip is mainly for connectors and accesories. At least that's what I keep telling myself anyway! :roll:

http://www.chetbacon.com/sara.htm

Manny

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Just want to give everyone a heads up that the Southington Hamfest, held every year at Southington high school, is this Sunday, March 16th. I have always gotten lucky there. Last year I scored a UHF Motorola HT 1250 portable for almost nothing. I was able to refurbish it and even sell it for profit after I decided to upgrade to something different. I'm really where I want to be with my shack so my trip is mainly for connectors and accesories. At least that's what I keep telling myself anyway! :roll:

SARA Home Page

Manny

Just leave the credit/debit cards at home and bring 30 dollars with you and you won't be tempted to buy another toy lol

brndnstffrd

Well if you end up buying any commercial gear that you regret later, i might be willing to take some of it off of your hands, especially if its Moto gear. (Kenwood gear is also acceptable) :cool:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I've seen his shack in person honestly I don't think there is anymore room for more radios,he has more then a dispatch center lol

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
If Manny got another radio for the shack, he'll need a crowbar to get it in...... I'll let yo borrow mine since I'm back down the street from you!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
If Manny got another radio for the shack, he'll need a crowbar to get it in...... I'll let yo borrow mine since I'm back down the street from you!

Izzy, you are too funny brother! I'm done with radio purchases for now! My wife is extremely supportive
as she herself is a Ham! But I cannot justify making another purchase! I'll end up in the shed instead of the shack! Lol Then again, the shed does have electricity! :D

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.