Southland Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

west5alpha

As previous posted by jvbrown, they are using a Telus Mobile Link system and not scannable. Not the EMO repeaters as mentioned in the data base.

mciupa

It would help everyone if you would create a submission notifying of this change so your local Database Admin can make corrections if you want to see accurate information listed on RadioReference.

Brownjv14

Owner of Halifax County Public Safety
Feed Provider
It would help everyone if you would create a submission notifying of this change so your local Database Admin can make corrections if you want to see accurate information listed on RadioReference.
Will do, thank you.

Brownjv14

Feed Provider
It could be Student Transportation of Canada, not sure what their setup is.

west5alpha

Unless you have a scanner that can pick up the Telus network they use, people ain’t hearing them.

ve1sef

The last snow storm, buses where dispatched on the VHF repeater to the "Sir John A" family of schools for early dismissal. That would suggest
it was Southland. It's an opinion based on my observations, just like my earlier post,

hfxChris

Database Admin
So here's the HRCE website: HRCE School Bus Providers Starting September 2020 | Halifax Regional Centre for Education

• Student Transportation of Canada Inc. will provide bus service to the following Families of Schools: Citadel High, Duncan MacMillan, Eastern Shore, Halifax West, J.L. Ilsley, Millwood, Lockview, Musquodoboit Rural, and Sir John A. Macdonald.
  • Southland Transportation Ltd. will provide bus service to the following Families of Schools:Auburn Drive, Bedford and Forsyth Education Centres (BFEC), Charles P. Allen, Cole Harbour District, Dartmouth High, Island View, Prince Andrew and Sackville High.
  • National Passenger Services (Canada) will provide bus service to all HRCE schools for Special Needs Transportation.
Looks like if they're talking about Sir John A schools, it must be Student Transportation. Which also makes sense, they're using the Musquodoboit and Sheet Harbour repeaters, but according to the website Southland isn't transporting any students out the eastern shore.

I'll make the necessary updates to the database.

ve1sef

Okay that makes sense. That explains why the buses in town have Southland on the side and the one's out here have STC.
I thought the STC stood for Southland Transport, hence my confusion. Until now I didn't know Student Transport existed.
Thanks for clearing that up Hfx-Chris

hfxChris

Database Admin
Yeah same here, the schools around me are all serviced by Southland, I remember reading there were multiple contracts awarded but that's about as far as my thinking on it went!

Brownjv14

Feed Provider
It was much easier communications wise when Stock Transportation was on their repeaters. It gets confusing when three different companies are operating when trying to distinguish which company is on what. lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.