Southpoint Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
anyone in Durham picking up Valor Security? I was just there this weekend and i thought they were UHF but looks like 800mhz or they are UHF Trunking?

Might go back this weekend and do some listening and maybe ill try getting them added into the Durham County Business Section.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
They are analog UHF conventional. I have the frequency somewhere in my files. I will look for it and get it added to the Durham Co Database area.
I thought we had it in there in the past.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Southpoint

This is something I've never submitted because I'm not down there enough to nail it down. I was looking for Southpoint frequencies a couple of years ago when I knew I would be going there. I found in the FCC database a license for Urban Retail Properties in Durham County for 3 UHF frequencies. Callsign is WPSS493. When I got to the mall, I started hearing LTR keyups on at least one of the channels. So far the only thing I have is:

461.500 is LCN 3
451.775 is LCN Unknown
451.975 is LCN Unknown

I have so far identified 2 talkgroups:
0-03-003 referred to as Security-A
0-03-004 referred to as Security-B

Security-A was active last Saturday afternoon coming back for RARSFEST.

If someone in the Triangle area wants to take this information and plug it in, maybe we can nail it down enough to get it submitted.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Very interesting Steve.
I know I have also heard security on the UHF freq I linked above but
the LTR system is something new. I work in Durham and when I leave the workplace here in little bit I am gonna take the BCD396XT over to Southpoint and see if I can't map out the other freqs.
Thanks again fo:)r your input!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Ok, thanks to Steve's input and my doing some "on scene" radio sleuthing I was able to get the Southpoint LTR system listed in the database.
I monitored it long enough to map out the other 2 LCNs.
We are just lucky someone decided to stick with a 1-2-3 LCN setup
or else I could have had to wait for awhile. :D
The only TG I personally heard radio traffic on was the Security A talkgroup.
I will double and triple check the LCN setup over this week/weekend (along with searching for new TGIDs) but I am 98% sure the database listing is correct.
Thanks again to Steve for his insight.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Hey Marshall if you find out anything, could they just have their RAC turn on in their portables to make that little triple beep? at first i really thought they were on a Trunk system but since you said its conventional UHF, ill go with that :) hopefully ill make a trip down there and see what i can scuff up as well if i pick anything up.

would i just add the DEC the same way as i would for a regular talkgroup? i know thats a stupid question... just so i know and not feel dumb later lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.