Southwest Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teebor

Hi everyone,
I'm just getting into scanning and live in the Phoenix area (west Mesa). I got myself a Radio Shack PRO-2026 to start with. I know that I can't get any digital frequencies, but I've been trying to get used to working this one before diving into digital scanner.

Anyway, I work for Southwest Ambulance and I'm wondering if anyone has a list of their frequencies. They are listed on the RR page for Maricopa, but I haven't been hearing any traffic on the ones listed. Does anyone know if they have changed frequencies or if they switched to digital?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Hi everyone,
I'm just getting into scanning and live in the Phoenix area (west Mesa). I got myself a Radio Shack PRO-2026 to start with. I know that I can't get any digital frequencies, but I've been trying to get used to working this one before diving into digital scanner.

Anyway, I work for Southwest Ambulance and I'm wondering if anyone has a list of their frequencies. They are listed on the RR page for Maricopa, but I haven't been hearing any traffic on the ones listed. Does anyone know if they have changed frequencies or if they switched to digital?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

You should be hearing stuff on 462.975 although it's been a while since I monitored them. I'll let some of the more fire-inclined scannists chime in. Maybe they know something I'm not aware of.

-AZ

Teebor

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm still having some trouble finding them, though. I occasionally hear something on 155.235, but other than that, nothing. I'm not sure if it's just my old scanner or something to do with my apartment building. I have a Radio Shack 20-006 antenna on the back of the scanner now. It's definitely an improvement over the rubber one I bought it with, but my reception is still less than stellar. Could this just be due to the age of my radio?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm still having some trouble finding them, though. I occasionally hear something on 155.235, but other than that, nothing. I'm not sure if it's just my old scanner or something to do with my apartment building. I have a Radio Shack 20-006 antenna on the back of the scanner now. It's definitely an improvement over the rubber one I bought it with, but my reception is still less than stellar. Could this just be due to the age of my radio?

I doubt it has much to do with the age of your radio (but it might - how well does it pick up other things?). It's probably the antenna/location of the scanner. They may have recently changed some frequencies around also. They are owned by Rural Metro so you might want to try some of Rural's frequencies also.

-AZ

Teebor

Hi AZ,
The best channel I pick up is Mesa FD Dispatch. That comes in fairly clearly, with minimal static. I also get the air frequencies from Scottsdale Airport in very well. NOAA comes in fine, depending on where I place the scanner. I'm scanning Rural Metro's frequencies now to see if I can pick up anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.