Southwest Phoenix area

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Does anybody know which tower I should be using for the Southwest Phoenix area. I work over in the area of 51st & W. Baseline. Right now I'm using Simulcast A and I can receive the PD somewhat, but it does cut in and out an awful lot (giving me the ole chainsaw noise). Thanks in advance.

Astrak

Simulcast C would work for you. You won't hear all of Phoenix PD but you will for sure hear 400.

jambo

Well guys thanks for your input as it really helped me to narrow it down to which site/s were good for this location. I ended up using the simulcast C that Astrak suggested and everything seems to be working a whole lot better now. Thanks agian and Happy New Year to all.:)

InlandAZ

Well guys thanks for your input as it really helped me to narrow it down to which site/s were good for this location. I ended up using the simulcast C that Astrak suggested and everything seems to be working a whole lot better now. Thanks agian and Happy New Year to all.:)

Curious - I thought simulcast C was used mainly for light rail and such. Does Phoenix PD affiliate with this site on a consistent basis -- and what about Tempe?

Edit - nevermind, I see this was limited to A 400. I don't monitor Phoenix all that frequently, but it's good to know (I'm not all that far from South Mountain).

Last edited:

jambo

Curious - I thought simulcast C was used mainly for light rail and such. Does Phoenix PD affiliate with this site on a consistent basis -- and what about Tempe?

Edit - nevermind, I see this was limited to A 400. I don't monitor Phoenix all that frequently, but it's good to know (I'm not all that far from South Mountain).

Yes, stick with C Inland if your close to south mountain. I have been using it for 2 months now and the reception is pretty good from my location mentioned earlier. I get all of Phoenix on those freq's with no problem.

Astrak

Yes, stick with C Inland if your close to south mountain. I have been using it for 2 months now and the reception is pretty good from my location mentioned earlier. I get all of Phoenix on those freq's with no problem.

You won't get all of Phoenix PD from C, mostly C deck and 400 maybe some A800 for PHX PD.

Quint6

PHX Fire Dispatch ?

Are their PHX Fire Channels using Site C for
Chandler, Sun Lakes etc.. ?

USScanner

Does anybody know which tower I should be using for the Southwest Phoenix area. I work over in the area of 51st & W. Baseline. Right now I'm using Simulcast A and I can receive the PD somewhat, but it does cut in and out an awful lot (giving me the ole chainsaw noise). Thanks in advance.

For the PSR-500 & PSR-600

Create a separate system for Phoenix Police, Fire, Tempe, Buckeye & Peoria. Buckeye & Peoria can be in 1 system since their talkgroups are heard on the same towers until Buckeye builds their system.

Try programming Phoenix Police using the control channels of System A, C, G, & White Tanks

Phoenix Fire using B, C, G & White Tanks

Buckeye & Peoria using G & White Tanks

Tempe Police using System F. If you want add System A & C. Tempe will most likely only be on System F since their system has good coverage.

When Chandler Police starts using System C program C. Add A & F if you want.

In each of the systems you can add IR's. New River, South Mountain & Estrella if you want.

**TOPAZ - Mesa is no longer part of RWC - so program talkgourps for AJ, Gilbert & Mesa Police & Fire using Thompson Peak & System D "Only"** TOPAZ "Mesa" will add more sites in the near future on the west side of town. Add those for Mesa when they are built.

RWC talkgroups will no longer be heard on a TOPAZ site. TOPAZ talkgroups will no longer be heard on a RWC site. Not sure how light rail talkgroups will work on Monday.

PSAP will split. Talkgroup 2872 might stay only on the Mesa System & 2852 for RWC?

Set the scanner;s multi site mode to stationary with check each CC on every pass unchecked. Programming this way will give you the best coverage for most of the valley. Trick is separate each of the above agencies by programming the systems listed. You can add whatever agencies from each system into any scan list.

Last edited:

Quint6

Thanks for info

Anyone know Phoenix Fire Dispatch TG#
Is their a repeaters on K6 K7 etc....
will you be able to hear K6 K7 all activity on Site C
Thanks

ICP963

Feed Provider
Dispatch is on TGID 1795, and I can hear K7 and K6 on Simulcast C (but barely, my location is closer to Simulcast D).

-AZ

I am hearing info that the links to Simulcast D to the rest of the RWC are being pulled. This is slated to happen quickly so I wouldn't count on hearing much Phoenix traffic on D very soon. From what I was told Mesa, Gilbert and AJ will be only on Simulcast D on their current sites around the East Valley and Thompson Peak (And possibly a White Tanks site).

I am guessing on this part, but after they close the link the only time you will hear a Phoenix unit on D will be on the PSAP talkgroups and the same the other direction for Mesa/Gilbert/AJ units.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I am hearing info that the links to Simulcast D to the rest of the RWC are being pulled. This is slated to happen quickly so I wouldn't count on hearing much Phoenix traffic on D very soon. From what I was told Mesa, Gilbert and AJ will be only on Simulcast D on their current sites around the East Valley and Thompson Peak (And possibly a White Tanks site).

I am guessing on this part, but after they close the link the only time you will hear a Phoenix unit on D will be on the PSAP talkgroups and the same the other direction for Mesa/Gilbert/AJ units.

Wow, that sucks for us scanner listeners. As it is now, I rarely hear Phoenix units on D unless something big is going on (I suspect someone with an actual RWC radio likes to listen in to those).

Have you heard when Chandler is supposed to go live and if they will end up on D when they go on the RWC? I'm hoping they use D instead of some new 700 Megs site or else my PD feed is toast - my 796 won't do 700mhz.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.