Sovereign Hill and Ballarat Wildlife Park

Robbie1984

Heading to Ballarat for a weekend away in early December and will be staying roughly a 6 minute walk from Sovereign Hill and a less than 10 minute drive from the wildlife park the first time i went to Ballarat in 2022 for a short break noticed that my XRS UHF was picking up what sounded like digital signals on the Sovereign Hill channels I had programmed into, last year I went back up there for another short break with a 436pt scanner that has DMR/NXDN features unlocked but didn't hear a peep

Is there any Victoria based RR members who can give me a general idea of what frequencies both the wildlife park and Sovereign Hill in Ballarat use or are they utilizing POC PTT radios on the 4g network

HK307

G'day Robbie, I can't actually help answering your question. I was wondering your xrs UHF cb. I also have the xrs330 & xrs660. were you in the CB channels or using the extra frequencies?

Robbie1984

G'day Robbie, I can't actually help answering your question. I was wondering your xrs UHF cb. I also have the xrs330 & xrs660. were you in the CB channels or using the extra frequencies?
That's all good if you can't exactly help with answering HK307 to answer your question I was using the extra rx only channels

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
You might try a post on the VicScan forum.
Also if you haven't already, check the ACMA Register for site names of the locations via Find > Sites > Where > Name then click on Site ID.

Robbie1984

You might try a post on the VicScan forum.
Also if you haven't already, check the ACMA Register for site names of the locations via Find > Sites > Where > Name then click on Site ID.
Thanks for that VK3RX i've registered to be apart of VicScan forum and did find another rx frequency for sovereign hill as mentioned above in my initial post all i got was digital hash noise likened to DMR or NXDN first time around even though its emission designator starts with 16K0 of which means straight analogue I'll chuck this other frequency into my 436 and 390c when I go up there in 4 months time