Spanish on 6185

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I was listening this morning when I noticed that a Spanish-language station was broadcasting long after Radio Educacion ceased broadcasting on the frequency for the day. I was unable to identify it (it was very faint but I determined after a few minutes that it was indeed Spanish). The ShortwaveStuff list wasn't any help for this. Has anyone else heard this? I have never heard it before.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The master spreadsheet shows numerous uses of this frequency by Vatican Radio and CRI; but there's also the possibility of R Oriente Peru here (hasn't been reported in quite a while, I think). If memory serves, R Nacional Amazonia Brazil is also here (that would be in Portugese, not Spanish), and the NASWA Yahoo group does report the use of this freq by R France International. Really, the only way to find out what's here for sure is to listen

That's the art of DXing....best regards...Mike

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
As I said, it's pretty faint and it seems that NHK Radio in Russian was either down or no longer broadcasting on that frequency, which would have normally drowned that out. It was hard to tell if it was Portugese or Spanish because it kept fading in and out and barely moved the needle in the signal strength indicator on my Satellit 750. Even with high-end headphones it was almost impossible to make it out. It couldn't have been Radio France because they ceased all Spanish-language broadcasts recently (according to BCLNews). If it helps any, it was mostly music.

k9rzz

Try again the next day, or next week. Maybe you'll catch something that's the tip off. Could be a great catch, who knows?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Try again the next day, or next week. Maybe you'll catch something that's the tip off. Could be a great catch, who knows?

I'll try Friday (Because of school, I can only listen Friday through Monday). Now, there have been some schedule shake-ups going on lately (VOA added some extra weekend English frequencies and WWRB added an additional frequency). I also suspect it could be some sort of new freq for Radio Havana not aimed this way, or possibly for Radio Exterior de Espana.

argentine

I was listening this morning when I noticed that a Spanish-language station was broadcasting long after Radio Educacion ceased broadcasting on the frequency for the day. I was unable to identify it (it was very faint but I determined after a few minutes that it was indeed Spanish). The ShortwaveStuff list wasn't any help for this. Has anyone else heard this? I have never heard it before.

Is NHK in spanish for latinoamerica.

Status
Not open for further replies.