Spanish speaking bootleggers on 441.675 Greenville repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

Heard several people having a roundtable discussion in Spanish with no callsigns given. I was mobile in the Furman area and could barely hear them on the repeater input. Seems to be deliberate as the correct PL was on the input. Interesting to say the least.

Bob

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
We do have some Hispanic hams in the area. I have heard them on 146.520, thrown my callsign out and they switched to English. They were very nice guys doing some radio checks on older ham equipment. Super nice fellas!

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
While I'm not in the area, I concur with mlindler...Lots of hams who have "dual-mode" enabled in their brain will naturally start a convo in their native language...Just throw out your call and they'll usually switch to English so that others can join.

Regards,

-Frank C.

wowologist

Certifiable
As long as you ID in English and do so properly, you can speak in any language you want. IF they are hams they cannot obfuscate or encrypt ther transmissions. I speak Klingon on a few local boxes, just to make sure the pacemakers on the OT ragchewers are still werkn. If they are pirates, they can do whatever they want because they didn't agree (obtain a license) to abide by any of the rules....

Last edited:

wowologist

Certifiable
or if your really into to breaking ther code...run the recording thru google translate (you'll need g chrome or chromium based browser to use audio translate or just dl the app from google play to do it in realtime) and you might hear ther nefarious soft invasion plans....

Last edited:

rescuecomm

I haven't lately but my monitoring is kind of hit and miss. I heard the transmission's while in the mobile in the Berea area. I'll put the scanner on it and see.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.