Spare parts shopping at... Goodwill???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

Today I was at my local Goodwill store, and bought a 100' roll of 300 ohm antenna twinlead for a whopping $2. On previous visits I have bought various antenna and computer cables, a nice speaker, and a 12VDC / 120VAC power inverter (yes, it works). I have left my name with the staff to call me if a CB radio or "radio-looking" equipment comes through the door. It's worth an occasional visit to your local Goodwill store to see if there's something for the shack!

PACNWDude

I have often found used test equipment in my area. It also helps that Boeing Surplus's store is no longer an option as it closed down. Now some interesting things turn up at Goodwill.

I have a Tektronix 468 oscilloscope and a function generator (can't remember the model) that came from there.

A co-worker found a Mac mini computer CPU there once that had the white portion turn yellow. When this was powered up it had been used to log radio contacts by a local amateur radio operator. We did a look up of the call sign that was on the computer and it showed the person as being a recent "silent key". So the family must have donated a lot of this guys gear to the local Goodwill and they did not know what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.