Spartanburg City Fire Station #3 Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
The Spartanburg City Fire Station #3 Closed and Moved to Station 1 and other stations.

annouce on WSPA TV 7 news

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Might have something to do with the chemical spill at the CSX railroad depot off of Cleveland St. on the north side of Spartanburg. Hazmat team on the scene.

Which prompts me to post a new talkgroup, 47952 analog, used by Spartanburg Hazmat team.

firefighter89

They said they didn't have enough manpower to keep the station open so they are closing it and moving the firefighters to the other stations.

rescuecomm

Is this due to Spartanburg city budget cuts or Federal funding running out? You usually don't hear about municipalities in South Carolina cutting public safety jobs.

Bob

firefighter89

They didn't cut any jobs. They said the reason for the change was that it was unsafe to run an engine staffed with 2 people so they closed station 3 and moved those 2 firefighters to the other stations. I don't really see the problem with running a 2 man engine, most stations in the county do that. You won't be able to make an interior attack on a structure fire with 2 people but you can get there faster for medical calls and MVAs.

jim38

Premium Subscriber
Spartanburg Scanning

Do any of y'all ever do any scanning in Spartanburg? I have my General ham license, but I' looking at triple trunking and digital scanners. Any suggestions based on the infrastructure in Spartanburg?

Thanks,

Jim

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
County fire and rescue on VHF.
City PD and FD, Town PDs, college security all on UHF.
County SD, EMS, SCHP and all state agencies on 800MHz trunked.
City PD and FD to switch to 800MHz trunked by the end of the year, likely digital.
Lots of nearby counties and cities using digital - Greenville, Laurens, Anderson to name a few.
A digital-capable scanner is certainly no waste for this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.