Spartanburg Co. Fire Dept and Rescue tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If nobody helps you out, I'll be home around mid-July and will post as many as I hear (decode).

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Well, I have 35 days and a wake-up and I can help you out. It'll just be good to be home again.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
LarrySC said:
Your question was "tones" PL assumed.

Seeing as how most fire/EMS pagers use atleast two tones, "tones" would be the proper term to use. :roll:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Look on the Spartanburg Co. page in the database, at the bottom before the list of recent license grants. There's a link to a list of tones.

It's incomplete and there may be some mistakes. But it's a good start.

Hope it helps.

Brian

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Like I said, it may not be 100% complete or accurate, so no guarantees.

Send me a mp3 recording of the tones for any depts that aren't included, and I'll try to determine the values.

Brian

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yeah, it's missing Whitney FD and Rescue 2 (used to work there). Used to work at Rescue 18 as well. Boy was it nice to hear Rescue 18's tones again. Can't wait to hear the real things though.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Rescue 2 is no longer in service. Many of the rescue squads are having trouble keeping crews and paying insurance. Rescue 10 in Inman was the latest to call it quits.

The departments whose tones I'm missing just don't get toned off very often. It takes time to wade through all that radio traffic.

Brian

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
That sucks man. Does Whitney FD still exist? Feels just like yesterday, but that's more than 15 years ago. Man, time flies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Oh, yeah, Whitney FD is still there. They co-respond with Hilltop and Drayton on every call during the day to ensure response. Many volunteer departments here do that.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yep, I volunteered at Whitney/Rescue 2 for a little bit and then we moved to Camp Croft, so I went to Rescue 18.

I can't remember if Rescue 2 used the same tones as Whitney. Do you have Whitney's tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.