Spartanburg county Pal800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfootbuilt

Has anyone else noticed there isn't as much radio traffic on Palmetto 800 in Spartanburg County? I can still get highway patrol and EMS, but I don't hear much traffic from Spartanburrg County Sheriff, DOT, Spartanburg City police, etc. Are they switching to digital?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I hear Spartanburg Co SO active on Palmetto 800 everyday, almost non-stop. It's surprising to me they haven't separated their dispatch channel into multiple channels due to the amount of traffic. Hats off to the dispatcher that works that channel.

SC DOT (road maintenance crews) is never active on Palmetto 800, aside from the Highway Emergency Responders (SHEP). Road maintenance still uses low-band - repeaters for each SC DOT maintenance location are listed in the database. SHEP is very active on Palmetto 800 in the upstate during the week.

Spartanburg City Police has never been on Palmetto 800. They use a couple of VHF repeaters, again correctly listed in the database.

Make sure you're monitoring 853.7000 Control channel for the Spartanburg Simulcast site of Palmetto 800. You can also hear Spartanburg Co on the Thicketty, Laurens and Hogback Mtn sites.

Bigfootbuilt

Ya my bad. The others I mentioned were on the same quickkey on my scanner but not on 800. But SCSD is on the 800 and I'm not hearing much of anything anymore from them. I used to hear SCSD dispatch almost non-stop, usually from Spa Mun1 and 2.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm not sure what to tell you, but SCSO is still very active on Palmetto 800. 48016 is their primary dispatch talkgroup.

Municipal Channel 1 (48720) is known as the "Town Channel", and it is also very busy. It's the channel that all the small municipalities with police forces in Spartanburg County use, aside from the City of Spartanburg. So you'll hear the PDs from Landrum, Campobello, Inman, Chesnee, Duncan, Lyman, Wellford, Cowpens, Pacolet, and Woodruff on this talkgroup. I may have missed one or two.

Both of these talkgroups are analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.