Speaker Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I've had my Uniden 536 connected to an external speaker for quite some time now. I actually just looked at it today..no name or any identifying marks. No real issues with it, but I have this gift card just laying around Amazon and I'm itching to spend it! I want to put this speaker on my 996T, and buy a new speaker for the 536.

Anyone know what the Uniden BC20 speaker is like? They have a BC23, but it needs power, which I have little of with all my toys connected.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Greg.

Any recommendations will need to come from Amazon Stock.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys...thanks! The response has been overwhelming. :lol:

I bought and just received my new Uniden BC-20. :D I'll let you know how it works soon.

Athazagoraphobia: The fear of being ignored or forgotten. :(

Greg

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Responses/requests for info have been overwhelming. So here is the breakdown:

*Speaker is Black; Square. I think it says "something" about Uniden on the front.
*Connects to back of scanner.
*It is putting out about 20 watts.
*Has some type of "paw print" on the front.
*What's a Bearcat?
*Speaker is black; Square.

Hopefully this will put all your questions to rest. :lol: and :roll: Greg

Athazagoraphobia: The fear of being ignored

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Since this is in the Tavern group of forums, I think many folks may not even know your thread exists.

Maybe we should move this thread to one of the Uniden forums? Just say the word.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I am sarcastic as a JOKE Only! I just cannot really be offended over this post. However, if you think the move is best, then please do so for me. I appreciate your help. Thanks. Greg

DeDawg

Responses/requests for info have been overwhelming. So here is the breakdown:

*Speaker is Black; Square. I think it says "something" about Uniden on the front.
I have hooked up several speaker types to my 536 in hopes of making the decoded P25 P2 voices intelligible and tolerable.

No luck so far, female dispatchers still screech with distortion, patrol calls sound like they are talking through a long tube.

Regular FM and AM sound fine, but the digital product is essentially not listenable.

Ubbe

Yes, digital audio quality is lacking on the 536 compared to analog and whistlers digital. I managed to get an improvement using a tiny speaker that have no bass.

/Ubbe

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I have hooked up several speaker types to my 536 in hopes of making the decoded P25 P2 voices intelligible and tolerable.

No luck so far, female dispatchers still screech with distortion, patrol calls sound like they are talking through a long tube.

Regular FM and AM sound fine, but the digital product is essentially not listenable.

Unfortunately, as my wife is reading or watching TV, and I am at my desk with my 536 on, I must continually reach over and turn the volume up or down. This has nothing to do with the speaker I bought; I didn't expect any changes to that issue. I thought I could put this speaker closer to me and not disturb anyone else..but no. A dispatcher can dispatch, so loud I must reach over quickly and turn it down, then the response from the "disptachee" is so very low I must turn it up to hear it. Imagine this going on for hours at a time! I bought a one ear earplug, but my ears get sore quickly and I still can't hear properly. I don't know if its possible tio fix this with an update, but it would be nice. I did play around with the audio volume in the settings, but no luck there either. Greg

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Timely Response

Unfortunately, as my wife is reading or watching TV, and I am at my desk with my 536 on, I must continually reach over and turn the volume up or down. This has nothing to do with the speaker I bought; I didn't expect any changes to that issue. I thought I could put this speaker closer to me and not disturb anyone else..but no. A dispatcher can dispatch, so loud I must reach over quickly and turn it down, then the response from the "disptachee" is so very low I must turn it up to hear it. Imagine this going on for hours at a time! I bought a one ear earplug, but my ears get sore quickly and I still can't hear properly. I don't know if its possible tio fix this with an update, but it would be nice. I did play around with the audio volume in the settings, but no luck there either. Greg

I highly recommend the Uniden BC23A. This amplified speaker has a stereo 3.5 mm. I have traveled with this speaker in many different environments including the noisy interior of a 2008 Nissan Versa. Now, I drive a 2008 GMC Canyon. I can easily hear this speaker and I've been to four Motorhead Concerts, "Stone Deaf Forever."

Status
Not open for further replies.