Speaker install worth installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
use caution mounting stuff on the "B" post as in many cars there are seatbelt pretensioning devices in the post. I would suggest removing the plastic cover and mounting the bracket, then replace. Also figure a side impact on your car and put the speaker somewhere where it will not end up inside your brain.

cg

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
stateboy said:
I've got my VHF and UHF Motorola speakers mounted on the rear package tray, so they fire upwards, next to the rear stereo speakers. The sound is reflected off the rear window and into the cabin very nicely. Some police agencies do this (Michigan SP) and it seems to work well. It solves two problems: Where to mount them out of the way, and how can I still hear them? I also have my UHF vehiclular repeater antenna mounted on the rear deck between the speakers. The nice part is I can throw a couple baseball hats over the whole mess if I really want/need to be discrete for some reason.

I had considered mounting them on or near the B pillar, which I had done in a previous new car, but my two current vehicles are laid out in such a way that my head would probably be hitting the drivers side speaker all the time.

Hello,

I got a 2006 Ford Fusion that has all these round holes in the sheet metal below the package shelf. I suspect they are for the THX certified Lincoln Zephyr that has 30 or so speakers. I will check out if a speaker would work there.

Another thing that needs to be considered is side impact airbags. I got a feeling they limit what you can put on the pillars or even the sunvisor. If I was going to use the sunvisor I would put the speaker on the inboard side of the passenger's visor. I seldom have passengers.

73 Eric

SigSauer229

i just put in a amplified speaker yaesterday and i ended up puting it between the bucket seats pointing up. It worls great. Finally I can hear my scanner with the windows down.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.