Speaker Microphone for a BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue20

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if there is any kind of speaker microphone that can be used to be plugged into the headphone jack on the 436?

Thanks in advance!

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Why do you want a microphone on a scanner? Otherwise, you can just use an earphone.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Actually, I have one and use it in the car, extended the cable, it's connected to my BCD996P2 which is in the closed center console. Then It's clipped to the visor close to my left ear. Got the idea here on RR. (y)

mule1075

Feed Provider
Anyone know if there is any kind of speaker microphone that can be used to be plugged into the headphone jack on the 436?

Thanks in advance!

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
None of those external h/t speaker/mics work with the 436HP. The audio level coming out of the headphone jack on most newer handheld scanners is just not powerful enough to drive an external speaker!!! The only one that actually did work on GRE/RS radios (back in the day) was the Radio Shack 20-009 but you had to use the qrounding wire trick and this will not work on newer Uniden scanners.
The only way for that to work is to draw audio from the internal speaker connection but I don't want to mess with my 436 that much.
The only solution is to use an amplified lapel speaker like the one sold at Scannermaster.com although it is pricey...

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
I'm using mine with a BCD996P2, so maybe the speaker output is better than the 436HP
Of course because it is a desktop/mobile unit and is assumed that you would use an external speaker. I am sure the audio circuit is more powerful then the handheld units...

Status
Not open for further replies.