TRX-1: Speaker not muting when headphones inserted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a TRX-1 that is not muting the speaker when I insert headphones into the jack. Am I missing a setting in the EZ-Scan PC software? If not a setting, is there a known solution to this problem?

I'm CPU, DSP, and PC software updated as of 7/31/17. In EZ-Scan, under the general settings tab, volume settings, I've tried muting the speaker and setting headphone volume up in all my V-scanner folders. After copying the configuration to the scanner, it's behaving exactly the same way. Other setting changes do work (e.g. key beep and creating a new V-folder).

Any advice would be tremendously appreciated. Thank you.

ScannerSK

I have a TRX-1 that is not muting the speaker when I insert headphones into the jack. Am I missing a setting in the EZ-Scan PC software? If not a setting, is there a known solution to this problem?

I'm CPU, DSP, and PC software updated as of 7/31/17. In EZ-Scan, under the general settings tab, volume settings, I've tried muting the speaker and setting headphone volume up in all my V-scanner folders. After copying the configuration to the scanner, it's behaving exactly the same way. Other setting changes do work (e.g. key beep and creating a new V-folder).

There is a menu setting for the headphone jack. You might check to see if changing the setting makes any difference. If heavily used, the jack may also be dirty and need a little tuner cleaner.

Shawn

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Audio Options

In EZ-Scan, under advanced settings, audio options, make sure IF Output is set to off, not speaker and headphone.

In EZ-Scan, under advanced settings, audio options, make sure IF Output is set to off, not speaker and headphone.
Thank you very much for the advice. I hadn't noticed that setting. Unfortunately it was in fact set to off. I tried setting the output to headphone and it still behaves the same after copying to the scanner.

I also notice that after replacing the batteries with new ones, they had nothing the next morning after only fifteen minutes of use and definitely being off all night. Really regretting spending all that money on this thing right now. I'll end my complaining there.

Thanks again gh6406

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

BrianG61UK

Thank you very much for the advice. I hadn't noticed that setting. Unfortunately it was in fact set to off. I tried setting the output to headphone and it still behaves the same after copying to the scanner.

I also notice that after replacing the batteries with new ones, they had nothing the next morning after only fifteen minutes of use and definitely being off all night. Really regretting spending all that money on this thing right now. I'll end my complaining there.

Thanks again gh6406

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Something is broken or not working right.

You could try starting again after resetting to default settings on the scanner or with a new SD card just in case it is due to a weird corruption of a settings file.

Other than that I think the scanner needs to be returned as faulty.

Something is broken or not working right.

You could try starting again after resetting to default settings on the scanner or with a new SD card just in case it is due to a weird corruption of a settings file.

Other than that I think the scanner needs to be returned as faulty.
You are absolutely correct. This scanner needs to go back. Thank you very much Brian.

Ed6698

Did you try a different set of headphones?

Ubbe

There's no setting that will let you use the speaker while you have headphones connected.
As the scanner also drain the batteries (after the upgrade?) it sounds as a software problem.

I would reflash the firmware using the standalone tool from Whistler. If the USB interface is as flaky as in the TRX-2 I would try and upgrade, and if possible downgrade first, and then choose to "prepare sd card for use" and try the earphone function without loading any backups.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.