Speaking of Lookout, KS heading to CO - Monitoring tips, advice, & interesting freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
Speaking of Lookout, KS heading to CO - Monitoring tips, advice, & interesting freqs?

I'll be headed to Lookout mountain soon. Was looking for some thoughts on interesting monitoring. Only be there a few days visiting. I understand I'll have a great view of Denver & the airport. It's pretty near the top of the mountain. Appreciate any input!

What's CO's law with scanners in the vehicle? I'll be committing no crimes - so that can be left out.

I'll be taking a GRE PSR-800 (1), BCD436HP (2), & (possibly) a HP1E (1). I'll be using various Comet/Diamond/Generic-Unknown whips.

Looking forward to listening out there.

dw2872

Speaking of Lookout, KS heading to CO - Monitoring tips, advice, & interestin...

Colorado is not like those east coast states where it is illegal to have one in your car.

The only scanner laws we have is about possessing them in a commission of a crime. And using a scanner app on your phone is even included in that.

I think you'll be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeuser

The Wretched
Colorado is not like those east coast states where it is illegal to have one in your car.

The only scanner laws we have is about possessing them in a commission of a crime. And using a scanner app on your phone is even included in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I am originally from NY/NJ. l still worry about those laws! TYVM

Moosemedic

Your trip to Lookout Mountain Area.

I'd look to our extensive wiki.

There's a pretty comprehensive set for the sites for the Metro area.
Where you are headed, West Metro Fire is busy. You're also in Jefferson County so add that. Up on the hill you're near Golden Colorado, and Foothills Fire and Highland Rescue Team.

I'd program State Patrol and check the sites you'd monitor while driving in.

What kind of agencies or monitoring do you prefer?

joeuser

The Wretched
I'd look to our extensive wiki.

There's a pretty comprehensive set for the sites for the Metro area.
Where you are headed, West Metro Fire is busy. You're also in Jefferson County so add that. Up on the hill you're near Golden Colorado, and Foothills Fire and Highland Rescue Team.

I'd program State Patrol and check the sites you'd monitor while driving in.

What kind of agencies or monitoring do you prefer?
Thank you, I'll check the wiki(s) out, seems to be quite a few! You guys have a nice setup here.

I like everything. I mean it. I listen to CommAir, MilAir, Pub Safety*, Rail, even HAM. * Law, Med, Fire, PW, DOT, DOC, etc etc...

Since I don't have much time to take it all in & it'll be this weekend (Fri & Sat) I want to make the most of my time. I suppose it was a hard question to answer &/or dumb to ask. Active & in the clear, would be best...

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.