Special - 8 Pack Sanyo Eneloop Batteries - $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

divemaster500

Adorama has 8-Pack Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH 2000 mAh Pre-Charged Low Self-discharge Rechargable Batteries (1500 recharge cycles, Limited Edition) for $20 and free shipping.

Sanyo eneloop glitter AA Rechargeable NiMH (8 PACK) HR-3UTGA-8BPG

I know a lot of people recommend these batteries for scanners - just wanted to pass along the sale info...

Thomas Distributing has a 16 pack (minus the glitter) for $38.97. I personally like the MaHa Powerex 2700's with a MaHa Powerex charger. I get 12 hours of scanning out of 4 of these.

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
Thomas Distributing has a 16 pack (minus the glitter) for $38.97. I personally like the MaHa Powerex 2700's with a MaHa Powerex charger. I get 12 hours of scanning out of 4 of these.
I have agree with you on the Powerex 2700s. Have plenty of the 2700 Sanyos and 2000 Eneloops. I use the Eneloops for remotes, clocks, weapons optics, and battery backup applications. High draw devices get the 2700s.

Recently found a HT insert-pack that was misplaced long ago. Those Powerex cells were in there. The performance difference is noticeable over the Sanyo 2700s.

mrkelso

I have agree with you on the Powerex 2700s. Have plenty of the 2700 Sanyos and 2000 Eneloops. I use the Eneloops for remotes, clocks, weapons optics, and battery backup applications. High draw devices get the 2700s.

Recently found a HT insert-pack that was misplaced long ago. Those Powerex cells were in there. The performance difference is noticeable over the Sanyo 2700s.

Where does one find these powered batteries and charger?

bkantor

Thanks for the heads up - good price - I ordered a set! The only downside is the ridiculing from the family when they see me using glitter batteries - glad they are hidden in the scanner!!

Bob

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
Where does one find these powered batteries and charger?
I got mine at Hamvention they were included with an aftermarket Kenwood HT AA pack... from one of those big aftermarket battery places. Honestly they had been neglected and forgot about. But once entered into my "battery rotation" it's a clear winner in say a HP-1. I would try amazon or newegg.. Only have those 4 myself... but when the Sanyo 2700s start to go they will be replaced with Powerex cells.

As for chargers.. I use the MAHA-801. Think it's a dated unit they probably make more sophisticated chargers. But it's more than paid for it's self over the years. Pulse charging is the way to go.

Don't mean to hijack thread because those are good prices on Eneloops.

angelofwar

Eneloops are hard to beat...for those that like to buy locally, the white-top Duracell's (nick named "Duraloops"), are rebranded Eneloops. I know our local Bi-Lo regularly has them on sale.

whooey

Oh yeah. :cool:

62b42f71-ae39-ec5a.jpg

62b42f71-ae19-376b.jpg

searingxheretic

Premium Subscriber
Woot.com occasionally puts them on for cheap as dirt prices. They sell out really fast though, I've never been able to buy them before they sell out.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin

bear780ks

So i take it one of these places is out of them.. :eek: O well i'm not to worried.. was just a Fancy sleeve any way the battery chemistry inside is what is more important than pretty looks..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.