Special alert tone with flashing led no longer working

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

I had my BCD436HP setup to flash a red led and issue a 8 beep tone. That configuration no longer works after I added a new system to monitor during vacation. My configuration in Sentinel still shows my customized tone though. Any assistance as to getting my flashing led/tone back up and running is appreciated. My screenshot is below.

Attachments

• rr.jpg
    rr.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 280

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A couple of things could be going on. One is you are scanning your Favorites List AND the full database. The scanner could be stopping on the channel during a full database scan and you alert tone and light settings are not applicable in the full database.

It's also possible you could have a second Favorites List, more or less a duplicate which does not have those settings. This can happen if you do a Write to Scanner and not erase existing Favorites Lists.

Ubbe

Put some asterisks around that channel name. If you notice that the scanning lands on a name without the asterisks you can hit system and then menu and lock out that doubled system. Or hit channel and menu and add the missing alert and led to that system.

/Ubbe

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Put some asterisks around that channel name. If you notice that the scanning lands on a name without the asterisks you can hit system and then menu and lock out that doubled system. Or hit channel and menu and add the missing alert and led to that system.

/Ubbe

Y'know, that is a really great idea! My compliments!

trauts14

thank you for the assistance. i had my original favorites list. i modified it to add a PD from the beach i was visiting. i probably just clicked the wrong button. should i delete "old" favorites list everytime i modify it? this is a learning process for me.
screencap below. i am not is this helps you guys assist me though.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When you do a Write to Scanner checking the "Erase Favorites Lists on Scanner" will remove Favorites Lists saved in the scanner. If you do not, then you can wind up with duplicate Favorites Lists or otherwise not writing any FL changes to your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.