WS1098: Special Mode in Sweeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahampaull

Hi,

Could someone clarify what Special Mode within the Sweeper does ?

61ffc53ca8c1c800bad0978339e295e5.jpg

Cheers,
G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ecarvalho

It will self destruct if you use that mode. was designed for secret agents. do not use!

jk
i am clueless as to what that does

grahampaull

I'm swinging towards the NSA.. it just looks so.... I don't know.... NSA..

ecarvalho

Found it:

Spectrum Sweeper SearchContents
Your scanner's Spectrum Sweeper feature provides a powerful new tool for you to rapidly detect, monitor, and store frequencies from nearby radio transmissions. You can scan all of the bands the scanner receives or just public safety bands. Spectrum Sweeper is more sensitive than portable frequency counters and will detect transmissions at a greater distance. Spectrum Sweeper functions by rapidly searching through the RF spectrum in 1 MHz segments. If RF signal energy is detected in a 1 MHz segment, the scanner will search through the 1MHz segment in finer steps until the source of the signal is found. Spectrum Sweeper allows you to search the entire range of your scanner's design frequencies, or you can specify just those frequency ranges that you wish to search. See also Flexstep and BandPlan settings for step size defaults.

Special Spectrum Sweeper
If a 1 MHz sweep indicates that activity is present, Special Spectrum Sweeper searches the whole 1 MHz range to find the source.
If you lockout 5 frequencies within a 1 MHz segment, the scanner will skip that entire segment in subsequent searches.

To Start a Spectrum Sweeper Search from the Main Menu press or to scroll to 'Search' and press SEL/.
Use or to scroll to 'Spectrum Sweepr' and press SEL/.
Use or to scroll to 'All Bands', or 'Public Safety' and press SEL/.
To Change direction or resume searching press or .
To Pause on a frequency press . To resume press again.
To Store a frequency (to the Default Scan List) press Menu when the frequency is displayed.
Use or to scroll to 'Store Channel'.
To Lockout a frequency press Skip.
To Unlock a frequency see Unlocking Search Frequencies.
To Select Bands, toggle Special Mode, Attenuation, Zeromatic Tuning, or Delay press Menu.
Use or to scroll each option and press SEL/ to enable (check) or disable (uncheck).
Use or to scroll to each selection and press SEL/ to enable (checked) or disable (unchecked).
Press to resume.
To Exit searching press Menu twice.

Source:
http://new.marksscanners.com/1080_1095/1080_1088.shtml#ssii search

grahampaull

Nice one troops... that has more than explained it. Thanks.

Melv7956

Spectrum sweeper doesn't cover all of the frequency ranges covered by the scanner. Or At least it doesn't cover the recently added uk frequencies.
Also I find spec sweeper a lot faster on the trx-1 as opposed to the trx-2 also I find the trx-1 is more sensitive with the same (telescopic antenna of the trx-2)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ubbe

Due to groundplane issues you must have the TRX-2 on it's side or display facing down to get somewhat equal groundplanes with an antenna attached directly to the scanner.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.