Specifcations

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3YRM

VA3YRM
Does anyone have specifications for sds200. In particular what is the sensitivity on VHF, UHF frequencies? Thanks in advance.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Google for the spec sheet. You might want to look at two items, sensitivity and selectivity. They are listed for each band. I always confused these two specs When I compared scanner receivers ability to hear...

VA3YRM

VA3YRM
Google for the spec sheet. You might want to look at two items, sensitivity and selectivity. They are listed for each band. I always confused these two specs When I compared scanner receivers ability to hear...
Cannot find any specs no matter what I google. Even called Uniden. Specs are not published. Only answer specific questions via request to head office. I find it incomprehensible that a manufacturer wouldn't publish specs. I am trying to work out a link budget which requires receiver
sensitivity. SDS200 is not a toy and can be used for serious communication work with basic info.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have specifications for sds200. In particular what is the sensitivity on VHF, UHF frequencies? Thanks in advance.
Actual factory specs seem to be difficult to come by, there have been several posts on that since the release of the SDS200, here's one:

Don't know if this would help or not, but the European version, the SDS200E, does publish the specs in the manual on pages 53 to 62. Whether they are applicable or not, I don't know.

VA3YRM

VA3YRM
Cannot find any specs no matter what I google. Even called Uniden. Specs are not published. Only answer specific questions via request to head office. I find it incomprehensible that a manufacturer wouldn't publish specs. I am trying to work out a link budget which requires receiver
sensitivity. SDS200 is not a toy and can be used for serious communication work with basic info.
Thanks very much. Hopefully they will apply. Why publish only in European version? Makes no sense. But the world becomes curiouser and curiouser. Best 73, VY2RWM

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
probably because the EU's product disclosure laws are different they included some required spec in the manual that is not mandatory in the USA. Who can tell if they are accurate?

Ubbe

I am trying to work out a link budget which requires receiver sensitivity. SDS200 is not a toy and can be used for serious communication work with basic info.
SDS scanner do not have a fixed sensitivity like other scanners do. It uses an automatic gain control that adapt to a several MHz wide spectrum. The manufacturer of the receiver chip calls it smart power detector. If there's only one frequency in the spectrum it will hold a 0,35uV sensitivity in all frequency bands but if other signals exists it can be 4uV as Upman once declared when asked for the sensitivity of the SDS100.

The programmable VGA IF amplifiers gain have a 46dB span and the whole chip receivers AGC control range are stated as 109dB, which makes the smart power detector front end gain control to have a 63dB span and that can not be externally controlled. It means that the chip could theoretically reduce the nominal sensitivity of -116dBm to a -53dBm level, 500uV.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.