Spectacular pictures of nature at its wildest [Article]

Status
Not open for further replies.

key2_altfire

I caught that article off a link from Drudge Report last night. Pretty amazing, I saved them to my comp to use as screen saver pics. Made me jealous that we don't get weather like that in California. I know, I shouldn't wish for rotten weather that can fling all the trailer parks in L.A. into the ocean.... but one just can't help being awed by the power of mother nature!

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
great pictures. i might just steal your screen saver idea key2...

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"I know, I shouldn't wish for rotten weather that can fling all the trailer parks in L.A. into the ocean."

Why not? L. A. sure needs a good cleansing, earthquakes only move the trash around. (;->)

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
KG4ZPD said:
I would think that if he didn't copyright them or use a watermark, then its safe to use

By default when the images were captured, he owns the copyright.
For non-commercial uses, such as personal use on a screen saver it's not an issue, USUALLY. However, don't you DARE think along those lines if you wanted to use it for personal gain. Even for printing and hanging in your living room it might be pushing the limits. Safe thing to do would be to email the photog and first off say how much you enjoy the images and ask if he/she has a problem with you using it for personal enjoyment. We photogs do like to get fan mail every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.