Spectrum (Charter) Cable TV Radio Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

I have Spectrum cable in the Glendale, CA area. There is an area-wide outage due to a fiber optic cable outage.

It would be interesting to be able to scan their dispatch and truck frequencies

I cannot find any frequencies for Spectrum in the Database.

I did a Google search for Spectrum Communications FCC radio licenses with no results.

Does any one have their frequencies?

Thanks, Bob.

ecps92

Most of the Cable companies have gone Cellular and MDT/MDC [Mobile Data/Mobile Computer] via the wireless carriers.

I have Spectrum cable in the Glendale, CA area. There is an area-wide outage due to a fiber optic cable outage.

I did a Google search for Spectrum Communications FCC radio licenses with no results.

Thanks, Bob.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned

Thanks, Bob.
I Pads, and cell phones around here, 20 years ago, there was an analog trunked system. Long gone. Maybe you'll get lucky, and look up former system name of who Spectrum took over in your area. They are a new conglomerate that bought up smaller cable companies. I would say unlicensed business bands and even FRS MURS for crews working close to each other, like a block or two away?????
Scan On!

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Since they've gone into the cell phone business, I suspect that's almost all they use now.

Some of the trucks around here still have VHF antennae but I've noticed there are no radios installed.

BobFam

Thanks, Bob.
OK. Thanks, Bob.

Here in the great State of Confusion I worked as an independent install contractor for Charter over 10 years ago and they didn't have radios in their trucks back then.. Only Nextel cell phones..

BobFam

Here in the great State of Confusion I worked as an independent install contractor for Charter over 10 years ago and they didn't have radios in their trucks back then.. Only Nextel cell phones..
Thanks. I see why it is not listed in RR. Bob.

BobFam

The cable TV, phone and Internet have been out all day. No estimate as to when the cable will be repaired. Bob.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Then climb into your camper and use the sat dish. ;)
I don't have satellite TV in the camper anymore. So many of the places I stayed had trees that blocked the signal that I decided it wasn't worth the money. Fortunately, many of those places do have cable and, yes, I still have an antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.