Spectrum Sweeper

dorough

I'd like to carry my scanner on an airline and listen to the pilot's transmissions. As the flight progresses, the plane switches from one ATC sector to another. So unless I'm listening carefully and catch the next frequency and manually tune to it, I'll lose the comms. I heard my Whistler has Spectrum Sweeper and I'm wondering if this will solve my problem by instantly picking up any very strong signals automatically. Am I correct? And how does the SS process work on my WS1010?

wtp

check with the airline as some may have a problem with listening.
and the pilot is in charge of the plane so if they say yes, and he says no. then no it is.
i had a stewardess say my radio was interfering with their electronics, i took the batteries out and put them in my pocket.
the girlfriend wondered why i still had the radio in my hand, i said wait and see.
the stewardess came around again and said my radio was still interfering. i then pulled the batteries out of my pocket and asked how ??
the girlfriend thought i knew she would do that and i said yes, i knew. but she did not expect the batteries to be out of it.
and without doing anything we took off. i did get to ask her about the other interference and she said it stopped.
i relly want to then say my batteries were back in, but i would not do that as she might want to look.
so again. the pilot is in charge. and i don't know if you get to hear them anyway.
good luck.