SpectrumForce Desk Mount for Four Base Scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I would really like to buy one of these desk mounts, but unfortunately ScannerMaster only ships via UPS to Hawaii, so the shipping charge is $96. Obviously not worth it. I wish USPS was an option, because I would think it would easily fit into a flat rate box.

The only other place that I’ve found that sells them is Universal Radio, but last time I checked they won’t ship USPS to Hawaii either, so the cost is ridiculous.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thats's the same problem i'm facing right now. I don't want to consolidate only the scanners but as well all the cabling ( USB cables , audio out, power as well as the multi-coupler and the USB hub that feeds the management port and has the USB audio card) and which the desktop mount wouldn't help in this case. i'm considering instead a shallow 6 or 8U Gator case.

your feedback is appreciated.

Well things have been at a stand still for awhile. I temporarily tied all the 12V leads together in parallel and used crimped wire-nuts. I have 3' BNC patch cables from the MCA204M to the scanners and it's temporarily laying on the desk behind the scanners. It's not pretty thus no pictures yet. I might just Velcro the coupler to the top of the stand. I'm looking for the right terminal block for the 12V leads. What's interesting is all four scanners with volume set at 8 and the coupler tied to the Astron RS-12M as well, it's only showing a total draw of 1 AMP. Not sure how accurate the Astron meter is but it should be close.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Anyone using the spectrumforce rack with one power supply to power 3 or 4 scanners? any setup pictures?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have this 4 scanner mount with 4 scanners (2 996P2's, 1 BCD536, and TRX-2) 1 PS, 1 MINI PC running PROSCAN, 2 Stereo Audio in devices, and 1 5 port Cross Country Multicoupler. Cross Country Wireless HF/VHF/UHF Multicoupler
I will post pictures later but this is my to go rack as my home rack has 16 Unidens running on 1 PC with 16 copies of PROSCAN running all sharing the same antenna.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Anyone using the spectrumforce rack with one power supply to power 3 or 4 scanners? any setup pictures?
I have that setup shown at N9JIG Desk Stack Updated

I am using the 4-scanner power supply to power the 3 Uniden scanners plus a Stridsberg multicoupler. The GRE and TRX scanners each have their own wall-wart until I get around to building a new wire harness.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
What are the details on the power supply? Oh as soon as I posted. I found it. I need to get one of those

bryank104

Premium Subscriber
The stand holds three scanners and the trx2 sits on top. I have the speakers attached to the sides i like it and seems to work good for me. I have the multicoupler in the garage with one line coming into the house and the other going to the cellar for my other shack. Have three antennas in all . Going to get another multicoupler and attach to the first one so i can have the trx2 on an outside antenna, attach the rest to may many scanners in the other shack

Attachments

• CCDEBC78-FCBE-4930-92E0-298298F65828.jpeg
    CCDEBC78-FCBE-4930-92E0-298298F65828.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 128

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
interesting....now i see how much BIGGER the sds200 screen size is next to the 996p2 screen and chassis. sds200 id like but wow,price.

Status
Not open for further replies.