SpectrumForce Desk Stand for one SDS200 and one BCD536HP, can I still tilt the scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If I want to mount a SDS200 and a BCD536HP scanner in a SpectrumForce desk stand for two radios will I still be able to tilt (angle) both scanners upward for better viewing? The SDS is a 1.5 DIN form factor and the BCD536HP is a 1 DIN form factor. From the picture it appears I won't be able to even if I mount the SDS200 on the bottom instead of the top. So I'm thinking this would require a SpectrumForce mount for three radios, is that correct?

N9JIG

Sheriff
When mounted in the top position of these mounts the SDS200 will not pivot since it extends all the way to the top of the mount. If mounted in a lower position it will pivot somewhat depending on the presence of other scanners.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
When mounted in the top position of these mounts the SDS200 will not pivot since it extends all the way to the top of the mount. If mounted in a lower position it will pivot somewhat depending on the presence of other scanners.

Thanks Rich, I knew you would know! :cool:

N9JIG

Sheriff
You could tilt it a little with larger rubber feet on the front, I have done that. I currently use small rubber feet on all four corners but for a while had larger ones in front since I only had two of each. I kind of liked it tilted like that at the time.

Be careful however not to tilt it too much lest it fall over, it might be a bit top heavy.

There is another solution: Mount the SDS200 to the top of the rack with the regular bracket and you can tilt it. Put other radios inside the rack but the SDS200 on top.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You could tilt it a little with larger rubber feet on the front, I have done that. I currently use small rubber feet on all four corners but for a while had larger ones in front since I only had two of each. I kind of liked it tilted like that at the time.

Be careful however not to tilt it too much lest it fall over, it might be a bit top heavy.

There is another solution: Mount the SDS200 to the top of the rack with the regular bracket and you can tilt it. Put other radios inside the rack but the SDS200 on top.

I'm thinking on using the two bay stand with tje SDS200 on top as you suggest, and the BCD536HP on the bottom, both level, not tilted then tilt the entire stand. Being a two bay stand I don't think I'll need to worry too much on it becoming top heavy.

Thanks for the input everyone! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.