SpectrumForce Wideband Antenna With Mag Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHAS12

Hello all, I am thinking about purchasing the SpectrumForce Wideband Antenna With Mag Mount, and I was wondering if anybody who owns or has owned this antenna could tell me how it does around 155.xxx mhz and 460.xxx mhz, I can already assume that it will not do well on 42mhz because of its length. I am interested in this antenna because of the price, and the mag mount. I am looking for a mobile antenna I can swap between vehicles.

teufler

I have owned one for several years. They work very good, never blown off a vehicle. Where the coax goes into the mag mt, alittle fragile, I have taken some glue and reinforced the coax as it enters the mag mt. Mine came with a sma adapter. Low band is not around here anymore so can't say how it does n low band. I have used it to transmit on vhf ham 144-148, swr fine. I have compared it to my Austin Spectre antenna, and see little difference, except the price. With scanner antennas, if you get one that "reaches out" you also get alot of noise. Very discrete design, worth the price.

DHAS12

I have owned one for several years. They work very good, never blown off a vehicle. Where the coax goes into the mag mt, alittle fragile, I have taken some glue and reinforced the coax as it enters the mag mt. Mine came with a sma adapter. Low band is not around here anymore so can't say how it does n low band. I have used it to transmit on vhf ham 144-148, swr fine. I have compared it to my Austin Spectre antenna, and see little difference, except the price. With scanner antennas, if you get one that "reaches out" you also get alot of noise. Very discrete design, worth the price.

Thank you. I think this will be the antenna I purchase. I just wanted to make sure it was a decent antenna, because it will be my first mobile antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.