Speed Bumps Ahead for Electric-Vehicle Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1das

I think I'll keep my two 45 MPG turbo-DIESEL cars and continue to enjoy the rich blend of Economy, Longevity, Performance, TORQUE, and Efficiency they offer. While torquey and fun to drive in stock form, they both have performance mods (chip tuning, bigger turbo, etc.) which make them a real hoot to drive. The 700+ mile tank range between 15-gallon fillups comes as a bonus.

Fred's TDI Page. TDIClub.com. VW TDI Enthusiast Community

:)

Last edited:

RayAir

The only way widespread use of electric cars will ever come about will be when the last drop of oil is taken from the Earth. Big Oil will make sure no alternative energy source becomes viable.

N

N_Jay

The only way widespread use of electric cars will ever come about will be when the last drop of oil is taken from the Earth. Big Oil will make sure no alternative energy source becomes viable.
Really?

That makes no sense at all.

(No, I am not just being argumentative, as Ray may like to claim, in response to his near meaningless comment):roll:

"Big Oil" is just the name people give to the oil companies when they want someone to blame and don't want to think. (Hence why the Dems like using the "Big Oil" boogeyman)

Oil is simply the cheapest energy resource we have today. As oil become more scarce and energy demand increases oil will become more expensive.
As oil becomes more expensive, other sources of energy (often called "alternative energy", by those who feel better by simplifying their world into 2 categories, like "us vs. them") will become cheaper in relative terms (and often in absolute terms due to technology advances).
As this natural value shift occurs energy needs will transition from oil (and other fossil fuels) to the next (or newly) most cost effective source.
There is no sudden oil shortage and associated shock to the system.

Only a person devoid of any economic common sense and/or deeply steeped in conspiracy (lack of thinking) theories should miss this obvious truth.

It has happened thousands if time with many categories of resources and products. There is no reason in the world that a normal thinking adult should be taken in by the gloom and doom, energy fear mongers.

On top of that I would just love to hear your theory on how "Big Oil" has prevented alternative sources of energy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.