Speed Vegas Race track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matakovich1

I found the freqs that Speed Vegas used for their track. Anyone know if the channels are repeated or just simplex. Im also still trying to narrow down the PL's on them.

They are surrounded by hills and their radios don't have much reach, so I parked in their lot earlier. 469.950 is their maintenance frequency.

They used to run in the rain, but they had a double fatality earlier this week and they must have changed their policy. Since it rained just before I arrived, the track was closed and I wasn't able to hear their other registered frequencies. I'll head back on a better day to see if I can sort them out.

Hooligan

Operatives from the Vegas Area Radio Geek Alert Network's Precision Driving Unit spent some quality refresher time at SpeedVegas recently, practicing tactical scanner manipulation during high-speed precision driving for VARGAN's Scanning Vehicle Operator's Course, and discovered:

466.9625/DCS025 -- Admin type use, & SpeedVegas drivers when not on track.

468.7875/DCS032 -- Track Control -- drivers on-track +spotter/safety control.

No activity heard on the other two licensed channels during our 90 minutes there.

Radios are Motorola XPR-3500 handhelds used in analog mode & the SpeedVegas drivers wear earpieces under their helmets.

Attachments

• IMG_8546.JPG
    IMG_8546.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 85
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.