Speedbird Concordes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWingBoy

Premium Subscriber
Hi Teammates,

'Good 'ol Days / Remember When' post warning

'Anyone remember hearing British Airways 'Concorde' passenger jets passing through ZBW ARTCC? When I was a kid, tuning around on my analog receiver via a dial, I remember the controller saying, "...Speedbird Concorde Two, cleared to the block 450 to 600." They owned a lot of air...shared with an occasional SR-71. I love those days. The Concorde is missed at this monitoring post.

73 and Good Hunting!

Gene N1EH
'The BigWingBoy'
Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Last edited:

pathalogical

I saw one of the Concordes here at YYZ around 1995-96ish. It was shortly after I purchased my first scanner, a pro 46 in 1993. Decided to spend a little time near the airport and very close to our rwy 23. An American Airlines asked for take off and the atc said "If you make it quick, I got the Concorde coming in behind you." No sooner did he get his wheels off the end of the runway when I could hear a loud high pitch noise from behind me.........and it flew right over me at just a couple hundred feet off the gorund ! It was awesome !!! Another visit was made by the Antonov cargo plane several times about 2-3 years ago and saw it a few times. Someone told me that some years ago the U2 spy plane landed here too. Now, about the A380............I wonder...............

BigWingBoy

Premium Subscriber
Hi Path,

Thanks for your reply. 'Right over your head? Did you feel the vortex? Awesome! Nice post.

73 and Good Hunting,

Gene Harriman
'The BigWingBoy'
Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

K2GOG

I remember that every morning the concord would overfly my area around 8:30 in the morning. I forget if that was in or out of JFK though. I sure miss that

austinscan1

Speedbied Concordes

I remember that every morning the concord would overfly my area around 8:30 in the morning. I forget if that was in or out of JFK though. I sure miss that

Speedbird 1 arrived about that time and Speedbird 2 left shortly after. The afternoon flight (Speedbird 3) arrived at 4:00 pm and stayed overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.